POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Financial Management
REPORTS TO: Program Director, AmeriCorps
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt/ Full Time
LOCATION: New York City
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 31 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the AmeriCorps team in LISC’s national office. This is a full-time position based in New York City.
For over twenty years, the LISC AmeriCorps Program has provided non-profit partners, mainly community-based organizations, with the human capital needed to expand their services or pilot new ones. LISC AmeriCorps members are placed with non-profit partners in the geographic footprint of local LISC offices across the country. The program helps identify and nurture future leaders by exposing program participants from diverse backgrounds to new opportunities in the field of community development. AmeriCorps Members help to foster volunteerism and civic engagement by encouraging neighbors to take active roles in helping to transform the communities in which they live. The program combines service to the community with meaningful, hands-on work experience, training, and leadership development.
Principal areas of responsibility will include:
- Coordinating with LISC’s Finance Accounts Receivable unit to ensure that placement site matching obligations are billed, received and booked in a timely fashion and according to audit standards;
- Preparing monthly Federal expense folders and ensure all necessary documentation to support Federal grant management is included;
- Providing the department with accounts payable services including processing invoices, expense reports, corporate expense reports, etc.;
- Working with LISC’s Payroll Manager to ensure accurate and timely distribution of member stipend payments bi-monthly;
- Assisting with compliance related to member enrollment and exit as it relates to Financial management and payroll distribution;
- Assisting the department in maintaining electronic files in a timely and consistent manner; and
- Other duties as directed by the Program Director which are allowable under the grant and are not Federally prohibited activities.
- This position is funded through a grant from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
- The successful candidate must have:
- Two or more years of full-time administrative, accounting, or bookkeeping experience in a busy office environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) and office technology/equipment;
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills combined with a willingness to be flexible;
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and accounting software programs (Box, NetSuite, Certify) is a plus
- BA degree preferred;
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
- Stacey M. Rapp
- Program Director, AmeriCorps
- Local Initiative Support Corporation
- 501 7th Ave
- New York, NY 10018
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Competitive salary, excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
Stacey M. Rapp
Program Director, AmeriCorps
Local Initiative Support Corporation
501 7th Ave
New York, NY 10018