575 Eighth Avenue
About Urban Pathways
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City’s most vulnerable residents – people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our “housing first” approach Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-for-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients and supporters.
About the Supportive Housing Program
The “Housing First” philosophy is the cornerstone of Urban Pathways supportive and permanent housing programs. Urban Pathways helps adults move rapidly into housing from the streets and into housing.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the Program Director's duties include:
- Ensures that service delivery and operations meet both contractual commitments and the needs of clients in providing a safe, secure, supportive program for the benefit of all clients.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are followed by all staff, and that all staff receives support and supervision appropriate to their needs.
- Provides on-call coverage to address needs on a twenty-four hour basis.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates client policies, practices and procedures in conjunction with the Director of Social Services.
- Ensures a stable Social Services unit with oversight of program planning, structural organization, staffing, and ensures compliance with all policies, procedures an regulations.
- Oversees, in conjunction with the Director of Social Services, the work of the psychiatrist, wellness coordinator, and the medication room coordinator.
- Serves as the final interviewer of prospective residents (residential programs).
- Recruits, hires, and orients, and supervises and evaluates staff.
- Monitors program fiscal operations, and develops annual budget in consultation with Deputy Director and Finance Department.
- Prepares reports as required by Urban Pathways, funding and regulatory agencies.
- Attends monthly Program Directors’ meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Assists in the development of proposals and/or contracts with funding or potential funding sources.
- Designs and oversees record keeping systems for employee accrued time, finances, inventory, accounts payable, client banking and client demographics.
- Prepares draft contracts with potential consultants or vendors; initiate contracts for signatures that meet the needs of the program.
- Establishes relationships with vendors and supervises merchandise quality.
- Monitors the facility and ensures compliance with all health, safety and fire codes.
- Facilitates all repairs of the building with available resources
- Ensures proper handling and reporting of critical incidents.
- Establishes and promotes inter-agency and community relations.
- Represents the program and Urban Pathways at governmental, community and agency meetings as designated by the Deputy Director.
- Job Qualifications:Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other related field required.
- Five years experience working with mentally ill/MICA adult population; including supervisory and administrative experience required.
- Familiarity with DHS, OMH, and/or DOHMH regulations highly preferred.
- Sensitivity to the special needs of the mentally ill homeless and MICA populations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong budget and fiscal skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Experience with client data program such as AWARDS preferred.
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to drive agency vehicle required.
This is a full-time exempt position. Urban Pathways is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
*Includes strong benefit packages*
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please check out our Career Opportunities at the link below.