Community Organizer/Fundraiser for Social Change
Movement for Justice in El Barrio (Movement) is a community organization fighting for justice in East Harlem, New York. Movement was founded to fight against a voracious trend towards gentrification that is devouring low-income housing and displacing immigrant & low-income families from their homes.
Through strategies such as protests, litigation, and media outreach, Movement has organized tenants to achieve thousands of repairs and has successfully challenged attempts by aggressive landlords and multi-national corporations to illegally evict them from their homes.
Movement for Justice in El Barrio was named "Best Power to the People Movement in New York City" by the Village Voice.
Movement for Justice in El Barrio is offering this exciting opportunity to people committed to social justice and interested in doing community organizing and fundraising for social change.
- Community organizing to include outreach and recruitment, leadership development, research, media work, campaign development, among others.
- Successfully raising funds through various fundraising efforts, including events, fundraising requests to supporters, among others to support the work of the organization.
Community Organizing qualifications:
- Community organizing experience is a must, preferably on racial, social and economic justice issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-racial, multi-lingual settings.
- Commitment to racial justice, immigrants' rights, multi-racial organizing, women's leadership and movement building.
- Experience in and commitment to bottom-up organizing, grassroots leadership, and collective decision-making.
- Experience in base building, door knocking, leadership development preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 1-3 years’ experience
- A record of personal success in fundraising required
- Experience in fundraising for social change preferred
- Identify and develop new opportunities for support
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects, prioritize and multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with administrative tasks
- -MUST be bilingual English/Spanish
- -Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send us an email at email@example.com including the following:
-A resume and cover letter including your experience in community organizing and fundraising and why you would like to work as a Community Organizer/Fundraiser for Social Change.