2830 S. Central Ave.
A Place Called Home is seeking a dedicated College Pathways Coordinator.
The College Pathways Coordinator is responsible for developing work and/or college plans with college-aged members, specifically focusing on freshmen and community college students, collaborating and/or facilitating college fairs, collaborating and/or facilitating programmatic functions to enhance the growth of our youth transitioning to and through college and into the work world.
The Coordinator will also identify and respond to young adult members not on a path to higher education/vocational training, in need of individualized support or in various stages of crisis that prevent or impede their progress towards achieving healthy lives. This position combines program support and academic guidance with dynamic case management, and the coordination of internal and external referrals/resources.
Job Title: College Pathways Coordinator
Department: Teen and Young Adult Services
Reports to: Teen and Young Adult Services Academic Lead
FLSA Status/Hours: Full Time 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: 15.00-16.00
Under the direction of the Teen and Young Adult Services Academic Lead, the College Pathways Coordinator implements program and agency goals, REACH objectives, agency best practices, and program efficiencies. The Coordinator provides key support in programming application and policy and provides support in developing a work and/or college plan with college age members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a caseload of up to 60 Scholarship recipients and create individualized academic plans, monitoring their progress during regular quarter/semester check-ins
- Assist first-year and community college students in developing individual 2-4 year college academic plans and transition plans
- Collaborate closely with High School Pathways Coordinator to develop outcomes and individualized plans for senior members transitioning out of high school
- Assist students in developing individual vocational plans, providing resources, and referrals; maintain accurate records and case notes for scholars on caseload
- Facilitate meetings with parents to ensure objectives for members are achieved
- Work with APCH Shaheen Scholars who are not in Good Standing and create individualized academic plans and monitor their process
- Work closely with tutors, volunteers/interns to monitor and assist member progress
- Oversee the planning of Summer Intensive Program for Scholarship recipients including scheduling classes, guest instructors, speakers, curriculum development, and teaching courses if necessary
- Assist in the coordination of financial aid workshops for members and parents; assist in coordinating group workshops for scholars geared towards successful college planning, skill development and exposure to career training opportunities
- Work closely with Teen and Young Adult Services Academic Lead to discuss outcomes, student progress, and action plans
- Participate in trainings and professional development provided by APCH and collaborating with partners to better assist members and parents
- Collaborate with RISE staff to identify and assist members in applying for college and/or a vocation certificate
- Support with all Scholarship related programmatic and administrative tasks
- Provide and facilitate referrals to internal and external resources for members, including, but not limited to 1:1 life coaching sessions, group coaching sessions, counseling, academic tutoring, college preparation and selection, including campus tours, aptitude testing, learning ability testing, physical health support, substance abuse counseling, gang intervention, internships, vocational training, internship and employment placement, etc.
- Serve as liaison with Counseling department on a weekly basis by attending weekly Case Management meetings
- Utilize Family Wraparound model and ensure services are consistent in delivery with overall services
- Prepare and submit bi-monthly reports on students’ progress and participation of those who have received individualized services, referrals, and counseling
- Serve as a mentor for members through group and one-on-one interaction
- Collaborate with Program Director of Teen and Young Adult Services and Teen and Young Adult Services Program Lead to develop new program components for teen members
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the College Pathways Coordinator must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. The ideal candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to his/her own ongoing personal and professional development. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
- Degree: B.A. Degree in Social Work, Human Services, or equivalent in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in youth program development
- Experience working with youth on a case management, college access, and/or program capacity is strongly preferred
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Retirement plan with employer match and generous time off!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email resume, cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “College Pathways Coordinator” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus!
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening