The Director of Talent Recruitment is responsible for recruiting highly skilled and diverse candidates who possess the skills, knowledge and dispositions to effectively serve students in St. Louis public schools. This position reports to and works closely with the Executive Director in order to ensure that all students in St. Louis have access to a high-quality, well-prepared teacher.
- Recruit highly skilled and diverse candidates to the residency program.
- Contribute to the residency program’s overall marketing, outreach, and communications campaign to support recruitment efforts.
- Oversee and manage a rigorous selection process for residents.
- Identify and establish a strong local presence for the program through attending and presenting at events and building relationships with key organizations and publications.
- Network with professors, key members of local organizations, and community leaders to promote residency program.
- Plan visits and information sessions to educate candidates and other key stakeholders about the residency program.
- Provide high-touch recruitment support to candidates to assist in the application process.
- Utilize data to continuously improve marketing and recruitment outcomes.
- An understanding of St. Louis Teacher Residency’s mission and an unwavering commitment to fulfill it.
- A self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment that requires flexible roles.
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Awareness of and comfort with issues of diversity, specifically relating to race class, and gender; ability to engage in and facilitate discussions about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Openness to receive feedback on issues that will facilitate professional growth.
- Experience working with at-risk, urban student populations required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of education.
- Marketing or public relations experience preferred.
- Master’s degree required.
Compensation and benefits packages are highly competitive.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The start date for this position is May 14, 2018.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Laura Vilines, our Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please enter: “Director of Talent Recruitment: Application Materials.”