Join our dynamic team as we usher in our 20th year as the leading New York agency assisting girls who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation.
Use your passion for storytelling, honed social media skills and ability to identify and parlay public moments into opportunities to position us as an innovative thought leader in CSEC and domestic human trafficking.
The Communications/ Social Media Manager will implement and maintain the communications plan for both internal and external messaging including email, social media, website, blog posts, press releases and op ed opportunities. You will manage brand strategy, including refining and tracking brand success metrics and integration of brand into all communications. Other areas include graphic design as needed, cause marketing, newsletter layout/design/content and building a framework that accommodates and accounts for ability to capitalize on unanticipated opportunities that arise throughout the year. This role reports to the Director of Development.
- Commitment to GEMS’ mission
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in similar position
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven track record in developing and executing a content calendar
- Knowledge and experience with social media analytics, algorithms, and ad placements
- Strong skills in real-time audience engagement and cross-channel content execution
- High level awareness of trends, current topics, brand recognition and levels of engagement
- Knowledge and experience with graphic design a plus
- Eagerness to learn more about social media with a commitment to social issues and creative storytelling
Attention to Detail
Attitude toward Others
Excellent written and verbal communication
Project/Task and Goals Focus
Respect for Policies
GEMS Core Values
Social Justice Oriented
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email on PDF or MS Word format a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at GEMS and how your experience and expertise will help us carry on with our mission; also send resume and salary requirement with Communications/ Social Media Manager in the subject line to our Operations Department at email@example.com. All applications must include a cover letter that is relevant to GEMS! WE WILL BE REVIEWING ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH SALARY REQUIREMENT AND A COVER LETTER INCLUDED. No phone calls please!
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!