3030 Bridgeway, Suite 325
Your organizational skills and attention to detail can help NYF make a difference in the world!
Nepal Youth Foundation (NYF) offers hope and opportunity to Nepal’s most impoverished children by providing them what should be every child’s birthright: Freedom, Shelter, Health and Education. Established in 1990 by Olga Murray, our goals are to:
· Increase access to education for children
· Improve the health of families and children
· Empower youth to achieve their potential
· Enable girls to receive equal treatment and education
In an exciting phase of organizational growth and expansion, NYF seeks an Administrative/Development Assistant with a passion for our mission, excellent problem-solving ability, and attention to detail in order to be the foundation of our daily operations. This member of our team’s primary responsibility is to ensure accurate and timely processing of donations into our database and generate letters thanking donors. Additionally, this position supports the Development team with list generation, donor reports, and event support.
Strong computer skills (particularly Word & Excel) are crucial, and experience with a donor database is ideal (but, training is available).
Business hours are Monday-Friday, with occasional nights and weekends. While full time staff is preferred there is potential for a reduced schedule.
Development responsibilities may expand depending upon available time and expertise.
The job responsibilities include:
Data Processing & Acknowledgements
· Processing incoming donations (cash, checks, and credit cards), entering them into eTapestry, and generating thank you letters
· Maintaining and correcting donor database, and adding new records
· Generating lists and preparing reports for the Finance and Development team as needed
· Following-up with lapsed or expired recurring gift donors
· Following-up with matching gift requests and confirmations
· Assisting in maintaining NYF’s Sponsorship Program, including tracking new sponsors, renewals, and letters to donors
· Assisting with event planning and implementation, including NYF’s signature Founder’s Day (typically in June)
· Tracking event RSVPs and donations
· Responding to phone and email inquiries and assisting with various office tasks as needed
· Assisting with in-house mailings
Experience and Qualifications:
· Highly effective communication, organizational, problem solving, and customer service skills
· Motivated, punctual, and capable of working as part of a small, collaborative team
· Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with staff and donors
· Must be detail-oriented and solution-oriented
· Demonstrated office experience, managing and communicating information quickly and accurately
· Strong computer skills (particularly Word & Excel), and experience with a donor database (ideally Raiser’s Edge or eTapestry) is preferred
· Availability to work occasional nights and weekends.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume electronically to Info@NepalYouthFoundation.org with the Subject Line: ADA Position.
PTO, Health and Dental, Flex Account
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications received by September 24th will receive priority.