Director of Grants and Community Development
- Job posted by The Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County, Inc.
14 West 2nd Street
The Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County is seeking to hire an experienced Grant Writer with strong writing skills to be the agency’s Director of Grants and Community Development. This position will report directly to the Executive Director, is a full time senior staff member and will manage the agency’s fundraising and outreach programs.
The essential duties are:
- Grant Research and Grant Writing
- Manage a robust grant portfolio
- Research and identify new sources of grant support
- Write and submit grant proposals and follow up on grant reports
- Write and submit follow up grant reports
- Work together with the Executive Director and Finance Director to prepare a comprehensive Development plan, prepare budgets for development activities, maintain appropriate records of gifts/grants.
- Oversee and supervise the Outreach and Community Engagement Program which consists of two outreach/prevention specialist, medical advocate
- Oversee Volunteers, Events and Social Media by supervising the part-time development/volunteer coordinator
- Supervise four direct reports: part-time development/volunteer coordinator, two outreach/prevention specialist, medical advocate
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues
- Knowledge of development processes and fundraising techniques
- Grant research, strong writing skills and successful grant solicitation
- Experience writing and reporting government grants
- Organizational skills with the ability to plan, implement, and manage multiple activities
- Knowledge of donor management systems
- Event planning and budget development and management
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends as required for events
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Website Management
Education and Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or any combination of education, training or experience which provides the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge. Five years successful fundraising in a nonprofit social service agency with ability to write government, state and local foundation grants, experience developing and implementing special events, social media, budget development, donor database.
Must have valid driver’s license, pass a background check, ability to climb stairs and lift 20lbs. complete 40 hour domestic violence training.
DAP is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, political affiliation handicap, religion, medical condition, sex, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required