Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
410 West 59th Street
Studio Institute,LLC seeks a dedicated, organized, experienced administrator and art professional to join a talented team working in a fast-paced start-up, implementing a diverse portfolio of programs to expand the programs of Studio in a School Association nationally. The Manager, College Internships and Expansion Programs will conduct events for students, supervise and administer support staff and consultants and will play a significant role in the expansion of the Studio Institute programs locally and in host cities.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage a portfolio of replication projects including teen and college internships, student internships and other programs replication projects in several cities.
• Plan and execute key events for students and supervisors in career-development workshops
• Conduct professional development events for administrators, artists and teachers
• Supervise project assistants, consultants, hourly employees, and artist-instructors
• Manage recruiting outreach to students and colleges for internship programs.
• Manage contracts, budgets, and project documentation
• Ensure program quality and fidelity of implementation
• Coordinate research and evaluation of projects
• Liaise with internship partners and program host sites
• Collaborate with senior leadership on new projects as assigned by senior management
• M.A. degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree in Visual Arts Education or , Community Arts Education preferred.
• Three years’ full time paid experience in arts administration, education, community-based education, or museum education
• Strong public presentation skills and experience running meetings or events
• Detail oriented with strong administrative and writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
• Must be available to work the entire summer program season (May 15 - August 28)
• Must be available to travel to partner cities 20-30 days each year
• Highly skilled in using Google drive, MS Office Suite and digital file management
• Proficiency with InDesign programs
• Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
• Experience supervising professionals
• Passion for visual arts education, career development and cultural Institutions
Studio Institute seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Studio Institute are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required