Coordinator of School Transformation, Elementary Literacy (Growth Position)
- Job posted by The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools
1055 Wilshire Blvd.
The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools is seeking a highly effective Coordinator of School Transformation, Elementary Literacy to join our effort to improve learning and academic achievement for students in the Boyle Heights, South Los Angeles, and Watts communities. This is an exciting new growth position to the network. In collaboration with the Director of School Transformation, Partnership staff, school leaders, and teacher leaders, the Coordinator will support teachers and schools with Common Core literacy instruction, professional development, teacher collaboration and data analysis. The Coordinator will serve as an integral Partnership team member. He/she will report to and assist the Director of School Transformation with strategic planning and implementing Partnership Academic Team initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position will be a motivated self-starter committed to transforming educational opportunities for students in Los Angeles and will have significant experience with elementary literacy instruction, teacher development, and Common Core.
· Work with the Director of School Transformation and other elementary literacy coordinator to develop and execute priority initiatives for literacy instruction at Partnership schools; use data to track and monitor progress toward goals, and adjust course as needed
· Assist with the development and use of English Language Arts curricular materials, including curriculum maps, common assessments, and other tools to support teachers and students in meeting the demands of Common Core
· Work across schools to build teacher capacity in to utilize pacing guides, plan from standards, develop assessments, implement instructional strategies and use data to inform instruction
· Push in at specific school sites to lead and support teachers in developing collaborative environments focused on student outcomes; work directly with teacher leaders across network schools to plan for and lead data cycles with grade-level teams of teachers
· Design and deliver network-wide and school-specific professional development to improve the delivery of literacy instruction across content areas and provide teachers and leaders with instructional resources and strategies in support of disciplinary literacy
· Facilitate ongoing data inquiries to determine progress and needs of school site instructional initiatives; support school leaders and teacher leaders in analyzing and responding to data
· Assist teachers with implementing technology-connected learning programs, and interpreting data provided by these programs to inform instruction
· Conduct classroom observations and coaching conversations to support teacher growth and promote student learning; assist site leaders to observe for and support effective instruction of Common Core ELA instruction and disciplinary literacy
· Participate as a member of the Academic Team, Literacy Team and other relevant work groups to exchange information, coordinate activities, develop teacher support resources, and resolve issues or concerns
· Contribute to positive home office and Academic Team culture
· Maintain trackers for data, coaching, professional development, and other requests from Director of School Transformation
· Leadership experiences designing, organizing, and facilitating professional development for adult learners
· Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire, and build strong working and mentoring relationships with adults (required)
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with administrative staff, instructional staff, and support staff (required)
· Exceptional critical thinking skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent computer skills
· Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
· A positive outlook, flexibility, and a sense of possibility in stressful situations
· Strong analytical skills, including the ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision-making
· Adult learning theory, facilitation skills, and design of professional development
· The Common Core Instructional Shifts for Literacy and the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science and Technical Subjects
· Disciplinary literacy
· Instructional knowledge and skills to pass a rigorous observer certification assessment or already have a passing observer certification rating
· Use and analysis of assessment data to inform instruction
· Experience and comfort observing and providing direct feedback to teachers, both written and verbal, that leads to immediate improvement
· Integrating technology, classroom observation, and supplementary materials
· A proven record of academic success working with students in historically underserved schools and setting high expectations for teachers and students
· Completion of rigorous classroom observation training preferred; LAUSD candidates will be required to have completed observer training and show evidence of certification (or commit to in‐depth training)
· At least three (3) years of successful full-time teaching experience
· At least two (2) years of successful leadership experience within the school context (coach, department chair, BTSA coach, peer observer, etc.)
· An earned master’s degree or advanced degree preferred
· Ability to travel among network schools in South Los Angeles, Boyle Heights, and Watts (must possess a valid Driver’s License)
· Smarter Balanced Item Reviewer and/or Writer a plus
· Spanish fluency a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full time, year-round position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Partnership offers a robust benefits package including employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance and a 403(b) retirement program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please visit this website and click on the position you will apply for.
The online application requires that you submit a resume, a cover letter, and that you
respond to short answer questions related to this position.
For technical assistance or questions, please email email@example.com.