Family Support Worker / Data Assistant
73 Bassett Highway
*PART-TIME POSITION (34 hours/week)*
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Conduct initial assessment interviews to determine eligibility for the Healthy Families Program of Morris County and provide appropriate community referrals. Conduct quality assurance calls and enter appropriate data into the FamSys data management system.
- Conduct initial interview with families using assessment tool to determine eligibility;
- Utilize Parent Survey Tool to identify risk factors within families;
- Identify and refer families to supportive community based agencies;
- Provide general health information and Home Visitation Services information;
- Address any immediate family needs/concerns;
- Assist families with obtaining prenatal care and Medicaid, when appropriate;
- Gain the trust of potential clients and maintain client confidentiality;
- Maintain manual and computerized client files in a confidential manner;
- Input HF data in a timely and accurate manner into the web-based information system;
- Coordinate data collection and compile data for reports;
- Conduct Quality Assurance calls/surveys to Morris County HF/TIP participants;
- Schedule assessments and home visit appointments;
- Conduct administrative tasks such composing, editing and distributing correspondence;
- Take minutes at meetings - compose, type, and distribute minutes, as appropriate;
- Maintain an organized and confidential filing system;
- Coordinate & facilitate participant workshops/events, as needed;
- Maintain own functioning vehicle in good working condition at all times;
- Handle other duties as requested.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- High School graduate; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience working with children (0-3 years of age) and families.
- Computer literacy required.
- Bilingual required (English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships.
- Experience working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes.
- Ability to relate to families from a strength-based model even in an apparently chaotic family environment
- Ability to establish and maintain personal/programmatic boundaries, while providing supportive services.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrates good writing, effective communication and organizational skills.
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer-Paid HRA (Health Reimbursement Account)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Liife Insurance Plan
- Long-Term Disability and AD&D Insurance Plan
- Flexible Working Schedules
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
73 Bassett Highway
Dover, NJ 07801
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.