Development Manager - MASSCreative
MASSCreative works with artists, cultural councils, arts organizations and the broader creative community to build a Commonwealth where arts and creativity are an expected, recognized, and valued part of everyday life. Creativity builds more vibrant, equitable and connected communities—but political and policy support for art and creativity isn’t a given. It’s the result of deliberate and strategic organizing and advocacy by the creative community, and cultivation of municipal and state leaders. MASSCreative facilitates this critical work.
MASSCreative uses public education and awareness, grassroots organizing and other tools of civic engagement to ensure that arts and creative expression are considered when important policy and political decisions are made. When the state budget is being built, our work ensures that investments are made in arts and culture. When accountability standards for education are being drawn up, our work ensures that access to arts education is included. When economic development and housing plans are being implemented, our work ensures that the needs of artists are considered and their contributions to the community are counted. And during election season, our community organizing and outreach to candidates ensures that arts and culture are part of the political debate and that candidates articulate how they factor into their vision for our communities.
MASSCreative seeks an ambitious and talented senior Development Manager to manage the organization’s fundraising operation to build a diverse and sustainable revenue stream with individual membership and foundation giving at its core. In addition, the Manager will advance MASSCreative’s communications message and outreach and work with the Executive Director to build and maintain a strong and engaged board.
• Oversee development and fundraising operations through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of an emerging major donor and individual membership giving program, maintaining and growing organizational membership, expanding the MASSCreative’s foundation giving, and managing database and lists of institutional and individual donors.
• Train, manage, and engage staff on organizational fundraising strategies.
• Work to promote MASSCreative’s brand and narrative to arts leaders, supporters, and partners. Develop and implement strategies to build public will for arts and creative expression across the Commonwealth.
• Work with the Executive Director to deepen engagement of the Board of Directors and its committees.
• Experience and desire in building a nascent and growing nonprofit organization.
• A track record of creating and implementing systems to raise money from individuals and foundations.
• Experience with building and managing a small and growing hard working staff.
• Passion and a commitment for advocating for the arts and creative community.
• Excellent written and verbal fundraising and communication skills.
• Experience with database management and list maintenance.
• A minimum of five years of professional experience working in arts, advocacy, or related fields.
LOCATION: Boston MA, with travel throughout Massachusetts
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Sick Time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Email letter of interest, résumé, and two references to email@example.com with your name and Development Manager in the subject line.
People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.