The Career Navigator
The Career Navigator is responsible for assisting and directing the participants’ successful completion of his or her academic plan in preparation for job readiness. Working as part of a team, he or she enrolls; case manages, and partners with the placement staff to provide career guidance and successful job placement to participants throughout the training and placement process. The Career Navigator reports to the Program Manager.
Case Management Functions
· Coordinates activities for The College Prep Academy, an intensive twelve week set of courses designed to prepare incoming participants for the college entrance exam.
· Reviews and verifies participant’s information for enrollment in Capital IDEA.
· Facilitates participants’ progress through attendance tracking, maintaining scheduled Navigator Sessions, providing prompt response to participants’ issues, site visits, and participant follow.
· Enters data notes into the Student Management System (database) appropriately and accurately.
· Ensures data accuracy in Student Management System pre-admission and case management forms
· Submits all required and/or requested documentation/reports/paperwork by assigned due dates
· Tracks academic performance of training institutions and initiates changes that will benefit the training program and Capital IDEA participants.
· Must meet performance goals and demonstrate behaviors of the organization’s Operating Agreements
· Acts as a backup for other Career Navigators as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned by Program Manager.
Partnerships and Community Coordination
· Partners with ACC to assist students in the enrollment and registration process
· Partners with ACC to assist students with Financial Aid application (FAFSA), grants, and scholarships
· Builds relationships with ACC instructors, coordinators and all other appropriate staff to enhance the training experience of the participant and facilitate progress towards graduation.
· Works with participants to determine specific needs, assists in accessing services of social service agencies, coordinates directly with staff of other agencies, and monitors participants’ successful access to services.
· Builds and leverages relationships and external community resources to maximize and support the retention and success of existing students.
· Coordinates with placement staff when participant is ready for employment.
competitive benefits package with paid sick and annual leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
3 to 5 years of Case Management experience. Experience working with higher education institution and an understanding of Associate Degree Programs impact on workforce development. Bachelor’s degree in psychology, education, social work or other appropriate field preferred. Customer service skills are a must. Strong communication skills-written and oral. Must enjoy working with participants and have a strong initiative to work in a team. Intermediate in Microsoft Office suite, Windows applications, internet and email required. Some evenings and weekends required. High professional standards.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter through our job portal: SUBMIT MY RESUME