District of Columbia
ABOUT MERIDIAN PCS
Meridian Public Charter School is located in the Nation’s Capital. We are a rigorous PreK - 8th grade school, which academically and socially prepares its diverse student population to be successful in an increasingly global and technology based society. We aim to do this by creating a secure high energy and hands on environment where students can be excited about the learning process. Our goals are to provide a thorough foundation of knowledge and create a lifelong love of learning.
For additional information about Meridian PCS visit mpcs-dc.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- For 2018-19, we are seeking ELL teachers to work with our PreK through 8th grade students. ELL teaching positions are full-time, salaried, 10-month positions. ELL Teachers at Meridian are responsible for the following: Collaborating with colleagues to develop and deliver specialized instruction in the classroom designed to help students meet grade-level standards and achieve personal learning goals
- Support ELL student's English language development and their classroom instructional needs
- Partner and interact with school's instructional leadership team, coaches and administration to ensure ELL students receive language support and other forms of academic assistance
- Support oversight and delivery of ACCESS administration
- Tracking and monitor assessment results in order to regularly refine teaching practices and design differentiated lesson plans
- Participate in ELL student's transition meetings for those ready to transition out of ELL services
- Initiate and maintain consistent communication and develop constructive partnerships with ELL families
- Communicate with parents about student progress in ESL and recommend ways families can support student at home
- Establish and implement effective classroom management procedures, and maintain a productive, safe, and focused learning environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English (strongly preferred)
- Two or more years of teaching experience as an elementary or middle school teacher in an urban environment preferred
- Experience with co-teaching models preferred
- Understanding of special education strategies preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran’s status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.