Position Summary: As a member the Children’s Aid Adolescence Division team at Bronx Prep, the Social Worker will be responsible for implementation of the mental health services in collaboration with Bronx Prep staff within a charter middle-high school. Social Worker will primarily work with high school students ranging in ages 14 through 21 during school hours.
- Group Work – Conduct psycho-educational groups, using group process and established content to build coping skills, enhance self-esteem, reduce isolation, and remove obstacles to learning. Develop and modify content to respond to the needs of the participants.
- Clinical Social Work – Working from a strengths-based perspective, provide individual, group, and family counseling, crisis intervention, conflict mediation, assessment and referral services to participants and their families.
- Collaboration – Work closely with Children’s Aid and school staff by participating in inter-disciplinary and inter-agency meetings, and performing tasks to support all of the systems within the school. Participate in and/or lead off-hour activities, including occasional Saturday hours.
- Maintain documentation on our web-based information system, including the mental health contact sheets, treatment plans, and psychosocial assessments.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision, site supervision, weekly team meetings, and monthly Mental Health In-service meetings, staff development, and team building activities.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work and New York State Licensure (LMSW) required. Hours toward LCSW provided.
- Experience (two years minimum) in working with the 14 -21 age group.
- Experience working with young people ages 10 – 13 preferred.
- Group Work experience preferred.
- The ability to quickly assess situations and develop interventions.
- A High level of interpersonal skill is required in order to interact effectively with stakeholders, students and colleagues during periods of emotional stress.
- Flexibility to use clinical skills outside of a traditional clinical setting.
- Sense of humor a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online through Children’s Aid website – Job ID: 002918
Children's Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability