460 West 41st Street
Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua) Covenant House offers a broad range of essential services to help youth move from poverty to opportunity and from homelessness to hope. These services include emergency shelter, transitional and supported housing, food, clothing, legal aid, medical care, educational services (including high school diploma programs and GED certificate programs), job training and placement services, childcare and parenting support programs.
Purpose of Position:
The Youth Engagement Development Manager is responsible for connecting external stakeholders to the mission of Covenant House through youth engagement to effectively connect and/or deepen their relationship with Covenant House.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and executing all current and prospective major donor cultivation experiences including, but not limited to: tours, empowerment workshops, Board and Program Board meetings and corporate/general volunteer days.
- Lead the selection of, and preparation for, youth involvement in special events, media projects, and donor cultivation.
- Assist with planning youth involvement in donor engagements and special events.
- Work collaboratively with, and foster cooperative relationships between, the Program and Development Teams at CHNY and CHI.
- Represent Covenant House by speaking on behalf of our mission to members of the community as assigned.
- Attend fundraising seminars and /or trainings that are relevant to the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Development leadership.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution plan (403)b plan with employer match and an annual employer contribution, medical and dental insurance, employee assistance plan, long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts, up to 4 weeks’ vacation, 4 personal days, 13 sick days and 11 paid holidays during the year.
Covenant House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume with salary requirements. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.