408 East 82nd Street
St. Stephen of Hungary School, a ministry of the Roman Catholic Parish of St. Monica, St. Elizabeth of Hungary and St. Stephen of Hungary, is seeking an exceptional Director of Development. The school is looking for a talented, energetic, dedicated team professional to join the school’s strong faculty and staff. The Development Director is hired by and directly responsible to the St. Stephen of Hungary Head of School, and works in partnership with the school’s administrative staff, the Executive Board of the St. Stephen of Hungary Parents’ Association and the Board of the St. Stephen of Hungary Foundation.
The Director of Advancement provides leadership, planning and management of the Advancement Office and is responsible for the oversight and coordination of fundraising and communications activities. The Development Director abides by the established policies and procedures of the Archdiocese of New York and of St. Stephen of Hungary School. This position cooperates with the school administration in providing an environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
This is a 12-month position, 5 days per week.
• Identifies, cultivates, communicates with, and solicits individuals, businesses, and foundations that are prospects for philanthropic support, and be intimately involved in soliciting all levels of gifts.
• Works closely with the Head of School in implementing development strategies that reflect the mission and strategies of the leadership group.
• Develop professional business resources and relationships in the community to benefit support of the School and its programs.
• Oversee the gift giving process and recognition program.
• Serve as staff liaison and oversee special events including the School Auction, Golf Tournament and other fundraising and community building events.
• Attend volunteer meetings, board meetings and school events when requested.
• Ensures productive working relationships with other school administration team members, faculty/staff and volunteer organizations, aligning and integrating advancement work with the other areas of the school
• Partners with auxiliary school volunteers through the Parents’ Association and the Saint Stephen of Hungary Foundation Board.
• Works collaboratively to set the annual calendar for all fundraising events.
• Ensures comprehensive, accurate constituent, donor and prospective donor records and financial reports.
• Coordinates volunteers associated with the advancement program.
• Oversees website administration. Works with IT consultant, parent volunteers and/or outside vendors to ensure website is current and an effective means of communication. Regular updates of content, photos and videos.
• Oversees school presence on all social media sites.
• Understands and supports the mission of St. Stephen of Hungary School and the Roman Catholic Parish of St. Monica, St. Elizabeth of Hungary and St. Stephen of Hungary.
• Possesses an understanding of students’ needs and families’ issues and a will and ability to obtain financial support for St. Stephen of Hungary School and its programming.
• Ability to set priorities of the Advancement Office consistent with the school’s Strategic Plan, yearly Budget and continued financial security of the system.
• Has recent relevant development and marketing experience.
• Experience with Razor’s Edge fundraising software.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field of study such as Marketing or Communications, Non-Profit Management or equivalent work experience.
• Possesses collaborative leadership skills that encourage team cooperation and motivate relationship-building.
• Is self-confident in oral, written strategic and analytical abilities, and possesses the ability to engage in frequent and clear communication with many groups, such as the administrative team, the faculty and staff, the parents of St. Stephen School, the school’s volunteers, alumni, the business community and potential donors.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, database management, on-line marketing modalities (Search engine optimization, social media marketing via Facebook, Twitter, etc., other mobile applications)
• Ability to work non-traditional hours with possible evening and weekend meetings/activities.
• Compliance with the Safe Environment requirements of the Office for the Protection of Children and Youth
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. Benefits are with the Archdiocese of New York and include health insurance, group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, dental insurance and retirement.
Submit resume, references and salary requirements. Interviews commencing immediately until hiring is complete.
Benefits are with the Archdiocese of New York and include health insurance, group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, dental insurance and retirement.
Minimum Education Required