At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to further our mission by contributing to your own human potential.
- This part-time, entry level, role performs a variety of job duties in support of the day-to-day operations and divers projects/programs within Esalen. The position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You will research and resolve problems, troubleshoot issues, help train associates on business systems, and assist where needed. You will report to the Systems Administrator and work primarily out of our Carmel Center office.
What will this role do?
- Assist in preparing financial reports
- Run budget reports for disbursement
- Excel Workbook projects
- Maintain internal Esalen Business Office Wiki page
- Input, Organize, and Assist with contracts and documentation using the Concord platform
- Create and Maintain Business Office SOPs
- Take on data projects such as sorting, filtering, data entry, and various other tasks to assist in research
- Take on projects from CFO, Systems Administrator, and Controller
Qualifications + Requirements + Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent Computer Skills: Google Suite and Microsoft Office (Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a MUST)
- Ability to work in a confidential manner, ensuring information is shared with internal and external individuals in an appropriate manner
- Demonstrated strong self-starter, independent, proactive and self-motivated while having the flexibility to handle change calmly and professionally
- Resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems is ideal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and able to perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation), ongoing in-house education and training programs, and scholarship for Esalen workshops and massage.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB