At Last Mile Health (LMH), we do things differently despite the challenges. Do you have a record of healthcare innovation together with government partners?
As the Community Health Systems Strengthening Advisor, you will be a critical leader on a USAID-funded project to support Liberia’s Ministry of Health (MoH) to strengthen community health systems across Liberia. You will serve as a critical technical and capacity building partner to the MoH and will support the strategic direction and communication of the core program team. This position is contingent upon award to LMH.
What You'll Do
- Provide strategic leadership on community health policy and programming to both the MoH and project team, including direction on strategy, program design, monitoring and evaluation, communication, and planning
- Contribute to the learning agenda by writing community health background documents, briefs, and presentations, including carrying out relevant literature reviews, landscape analyses, and data analysis.
- Foster technical capacity building of MoH and field staff through technical updates, training opportunities, exchange visits, literature sharing, etc
- Actively engage in community health networks and forums to support government nutrition priorities and promote involvement of multiple government sectors, donors, and the private sector in nutrition-related initiatives
- Be available to travel up to 20-30% within Liberia
What You'll Bring
- You are a seasoned public health professional, including significant experience in strengthening health systems at the national or sub-national level
- You have working knowledge of range of health systems strengthening functional areas, including quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, supply chain, or health financing
- You have successfully built the capacity of government partners through strategic advising and professional development
You'll Impress Us If
- You have experience working on the African continent and experience working directly with or for a MoH
- You bring significant research and analysis experience, with ability to identify high quality sources, synthesize information, and conduct intermediate data analysis
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Education Required