Details: Commensurate with experience.
7 Winthrop Square
The National Consumer Law Center® seeks a Publishing Operations Associate to work in our downtown Boston office. Founded in 1969, the National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) is a nonprofit advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans. NCLC is the leading source of legal and public policy expertise on consumer issues for lawyers, federal and state policymakers, consumer advocates, journalists, and front-line service providers.
NCLC is also an active online and print publisher with a dynamic digital platform that integrates content, a bookstore, subscription service, and other e-commerce features. NCLC releases approximately 20 updated and new titles a year for thousands of lawyers, libraries, and consumers.
The Publishing Operations Associate ensures the proper operation of the publications e-commerce platform and assists with publications accounting, customer service, budgeting, and marketing tasks. Responsibilities include:
· Development, operation, trouble-shooting and daily monitoring of the publications e-commerce platform
· Recommend and test improvements to the e-commerce platform
· Manage daily publications sales, including reconciliation.
· Process payments and refunds including credit card, check, and wire payments
· Process orders, refunds, and credits
· Create, maintain, and troubleshoot sales reports
· Provide phone, email, and other customer service assistance in coordination with the Director of Publishing Operations
· Provide assistance with marketing and sales efforts, including database maintenance and sales analytics, in coordination with the Marketing & Sales Manager
· Participate in the creation and revision of budgets
· Participate on team involving all aspects of publications program
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR
• Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience in a related field
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated computer competency including experience with Microsoft Office and Google suite
• Experience working with content management software preferred; experience working with Drupal a plus
• Accounting or sales experience preferred
• E-Commerce experience highly preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to working on behalf of disadvantaged individuals and communities
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Please note that this position requires work in our Boston office.
The National Consumer Law Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.
NCLC offers an outstanding benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as pre-tax savings plans, a retirement savings opportunity, and generous paid time off including holidays, sick time, personal time, parental leave, and 3 weeks of vacation per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com (subject line: Publishing Operations Associate). Open until filled, but applications are encouraged by May 20, 2018.