MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and equitable process, creating over 4,000 artworks that have transformed public spaces and individual lives. Mural Arts aims to empower people, stimulate dialogue, and build bridges to understanding with projects that attract artists from Philadelphia and around the world, and programs that focus on youth education, restorative justice, mental health and wellness, and public art and its preservation. Popular mural tours offer a firsthand glimpse into the inspiring stories behind Mural Arts' iconic and unparalleled collection, which has earned Philadelphia worldwide recognition as the "City of Murals."
The Manager of Individual Giving plays a significant role in ensuring a strong base of individual supporters for Mural Arts, chiefly through consistent communications, management of key written materials projects, and planning and execution of stewardship-focused events. The Individual Giving Manager also serves as staff liaison to the Advisory Council and manages the Spark monthly giving program.
Mural Arts seeks candidates who value and demonstrate the following core competencies: committed problem solving, deep thinking & fearless creation, inquisitive learning, thoughtful communication, mindful collaboration, personal accountability, and a commitment to actively prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
This position is full-time and reports to the Director of Development.
● Maintain relationships with individual donors at all levels through email, phone, mailed, and in-person communications
● Maintain and consistently work with designated portfolio of $500+ donors, including communications and solicitations
● Maintain and consistently work with a portfolio of family foundation relationships, including writing reports and proposals for new grants
● Project manage written development materials, including fall and spring appeal and annual report; serve as main liaison between Mural Arts’ development team and designers
● Manage Spark monthly giving program, including creation of quarterly impact mailings, maintenance of donor list, and personal outreach
● Serve as staff liaison to the Mural Arts Advisory Council, including building the meeting and events calendar, providing internal communications support, and event planning
● Create letters, packets, proposals, reports, and other written materials targeting high-level individual donors
● Meet with current and prospective major donors alongside Director of Development
● Conduct research on current and prospective supporters
● Help lead strategy and implementation of appeals and targeted campaigns
● Assist in the design and delivery of donor engagement activities and events
● Attend events (sometimes during the evening and weekend) designed for donor engagement
● 3-5 years of nonprofit development experience, particularly with direct response and managing mid and major-level donors in the Philadelphia area
● Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Organized and methodical approach to work
● Strong analytical abilities and commitment to problem-solving
● High degree of confidentiality concerning information relating to donor records
● Ability to work in fast-paced environment
● Ability to work collaboratively to meet departmental goals
● Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or comparable data entry experience strongly preferred
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position. Mural Arts offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. The salary range is between $50,000.00 - $60,000.00.
Anticipated start date: November 2021
MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA
Mural Arts Philadelphia is the nation’s largest public art program, dedicated to the belief that art ignites change. For over 30 years, Mural Arts has united artists and communities through a collaborative and…
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Carolyn Nagy at email@example.com specifying you are applying for the position of “Manager of Individual of Giving”. Resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted. Deadline to apply: November 5, 2021 No phone calls please.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Carolyn Nagy at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying you are applying for the position of “Manager of Individual of Giving…