Details: $40-$42 instructional/$15 administrative
2090 Seventh Avenue
Summer Quest’s mission is to ignite intellectual curiosity, prepare students for competitive exams and to cultivate academic development through a variety of inquiry and project-based enrichment classes throughout the summer. Our goal is to offer rising 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th graders a competitive advantage for the upcoming school year.
- Teacher Orientation: June 27th and 28th, 2018
- Summer Program : July 9th – August 10th , 2018
- Class is held on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-4:30 PM. Instructor is required to be at HEAF 2:00-5:00 PM for 30 minutes prep and clean up after class.
Animation Elective Course Summary:
The project-based learning animation class should allow students to create their own short films using stop motion animation, filmed, hand drawn flip books and electronic flip books created in Flash. The class must culminate in a final project exhibition of student work. Projects can be either group or individual and should allow students to create a story, character, public service campaign or message. The course instructor should utilize progressive didactic, coaching and discussion instruction models to engage students. Teacher will document and assess student progress. The ability to create a safe and rich learning environment is essential.
- B.A. in Animation, Coding, Digital Media, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in middle school, high school, or similar youth environments
- Strong digital animation knowledge and background
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong classroom management skills
- Willingness to promote HEAF educational and youth development philosophy
- Ability to work collaboratively with the HEAF staff
- Ability and willingness to commit to entire program
Minimum Education Required