Position Title: Campaign Executive (Fundraiser)
Position Type: Full-Time/Temporary
Assignment Date: Starting-July 20, 2020/Ending-December 18, 2020
Hourly Rate: $18.00
Apply: Submit both a resume & cover letter here
Candidates will be reviewed upon receipt. Apply early for first consideration. Open until filled.
Our CORE Work
Our work is called CORE: Creating Open Roads to Equity. It’s bold, innovative, and is already changing the way local nonprofits, public partners, and private businesses work to help families in our community. CORE moves whole families out of the traps of poverty through a collaborative and 2-Generational approach serving both children and the adults in their lives, together.
We are looking for individuals to engage workforce partners to develop and deepen relationships and fundraise for United Way to advance our impact work in Snohomish County. The position focuses on strategic relationships with a portfolio of (lead and mid-market) accounts.
Primary responsibilities include applying leadership, fundraising, project management and teamwork skills to consult with and assist local employers to plan and implement successful United Way fundraising campaigns. This position reports to the Relationship Manager, Workforce Development and works closely with the Resource Development team.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for young children and/or families with low-income.
- Are willing to grow in personal and professional learnings of social and racial justice.
- Demonstrate the skills, abilities, and experience needed for this role regardless of education and compensation history.
- Are inspired by our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, equity, and outcome-oriented.
- Develop, organize, and implement successful campaign strategies by consulting with employee campaign managers of assigned workforce accounts.
- Analyze and evaluate account strengths and weaknesses of engagement and campaigns strategies.
- Set account goals and develop timetables and work plans for assigned portfolio.
- Analyze and interpret account data results to assist in developing new methods and tools for improvements.
- Deliver compelling ask to both large and small audiences.
- Work and make presentations both virtually and in-person as needed.
- Consult with assigned company contacts to secure corporate contributions and/or personally contact CEO’s of accounts.
- Participate in all workforce engagement campaign activities, including training, project management, public speaking, and team meetings.
- Maintain awareness of political, social, and economic factors in the community that may affect partner relationships. Apprise Resource Development team of relevant information.
- Serve as a United Way of Snohomish County spokesperson, conveying the value of United Way to the community.
- Support of United Way’s commitment to relationship management by ensuring a consistent and positive brand experience for all constituents of United Way of Snohomish County.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, reports and materials, including database information.
- Collect and deliver supporting sales and campaign materials to assigned accounts. This requires use of a private vehicle and current auto license and insurance. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Collect cash contributions and pledge forms.
- Draft, maintain, and submit accurate & timely reports according to established financial recording processes.
Experience and/or Education
- Experience in a professional business or sales environment and public speaking preferred. Both experience and education relevant to the position will be considered.
- Experience using donor database, Salesforce, Andar, Raiser’s Edge, or other comparable software system a plus.
- Direct donor relations experience a plus.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability and comfortability to work and make presentations both virtually and in-person as needed.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with diverse teams.
- Be self-directed, enthusiastic, and creative.
- Proficient in a Windows operating system, Microsoft Office applications required and experience with database management a plus.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, quickly process information, and demonstrate a dedication to ensuring and maintaining quality results.
- Ability to learn and comprehend a complex database with detailed procedures.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, research and collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Current, valid driver’s license; use of private vehicle and valid automobile insurance
- Meet the criminal history check review standards.
- Must register with and will be paid through a contracted employment agency upon hire.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will:
· Engage in ongoing communication in-person as well as through electronic means.
· Regularly use computer laptop, tablet, keyboard, screens, webcam, desk phone, and photocopier.
· Frequently sit and/or move throughout the office.
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and, at times, up to 25 pounds.
· Work in a business setting of cubicles and offices.
· Travel to offsite meetings and events within Snohomish County.
- Ability to be up and moving around for long periods of time, up to 8+ hours a day for events and independently complete event set up that may require moving up to 25 pounds.
· Work full time (37.5 hrs./wk.), some weekends and evenings as needed.
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Temporary Agency Contract
Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.
United Way of Snohomish County is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and compliance with all federal, state and local laws concerning employment discrimination. To this end, we ensure equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship