Special Education Teacher (White Plains Campus)-We Offer a $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Special Education Teacher (White Plains Campus)
We Offer a $2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Birth-2 Certification Required
The John A. Coleman School with sites located in White Plains and Yonkers, NY is dedicated to providing top quality special education and rehabilitation services to fragile children.
This is a salaried exempt managerial position that has discretion to make decisions and has access to confidential employee and business information.
- Demonstrate instructional and team leadership skills based on New York State Teaching and Learning Standards, Common Core and knowledge of Early Childhood Special Education.
- Responsible to design and implement an effective curriculum for assigned group of children (toddlers, preschool and/or school age) that is evidence-based and will facilitate their progress toward reaching IEP and/or IFSP goals.
- Work collaboratively with parents, related service providers and other multidisciplinary team members to assess and revise instructional strategies on a regular basis to ensure positive student outcomes.
- Directly responsible for the general supervision of teacher assistants, teacher aides, volunteers and others assigned to their classroom.
· Minimum of one year teaching experience with special needs children in an early childhood and/or special education setting and/or minimum two years as a Teacher Assistant
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Special Education-
· New York State Provisional or Permanent Certification in Special Education (Grades 1-6/Birth- 2)
Recent Graduates Welcome!!!!
We offer competitive salary and benefits!
Apply today-click or copy and paste the following link to your browser:
(Search for John A. Coleman Jobs) at: https://setonpediatricareers.silkroad.com/
- Retirement plan
- Medical and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Long and short disability coverage
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days PTO a year
Minimum Education Required