171 Goddard Avenue
<img src="https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/nCFEf4OTdmnL-JoZpacEAqqfMp1SWupqklknjijv16J_Ozp_gUPT7Oqe9idZYmqEv1x5dCgoxClxszd1cM2lhju2rEMuylphaRaYVIB31PSEuuRYYHx4N1FcWE3DWWIz0eEtHdn6" height="78" width="78">
Set Designer and Carpenter
About the Park School
The Park School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school in Brookline, MA dedicated to excellence in education.The cornerstone of Park's program is academic excellence, combining both high standards of scholarship and the encouragement of each child to develop to his or her greatest potential. Our school community fosters a nurturing environment in which children develop curiosity, express creativity, appreciate the value of hard work and discipline, and experience the joy of learning. Park's faculty encourages each student to strive for intellectual, physical and moral growth and to become contributing members of the community.
The SET DESIGNER and CARPENTER is a member of the school’s Drama Department and reports to Kyra Fries. This part time position is responsible for working with faculty and staff to design and create a set for drama productions in support of the school’s mission and curricular goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborating with Drama Department Head to design and create set elements for two play productions
- Managing breaking down the set after productions
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the theater shop during and after productions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse community including diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, language, family structure, sexual orientation, and gender identity
- Demonstrated skills designing set for theater productions
- Excellent communication and collaboration
- Ability to plan and work independently, meet deadlines, maintain and keep clean, safe working conditions
- Model professional educational theater attitudes and decorum
- Access to tools (and/or shop, though not essential)
- Experience and skill building safe structures for theater productions
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Theater and/or Education preferred
- Experience working in Educational or Professional Theater helpful
- Please visit The Park School Employment page to complete an application and upload your resume, cover letter, and names of three references.
- Design portfolio or website may be requested.
- The Park School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning.
- The Park School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.
Minimum Education Required