The Associate Registrar supports the planning and operations within the Office of the Registrar. The position is responsible for directly assisting the Registrar with functions related to registration, student progression and graduation. The position is responsible for providing data and analysis concerning educational policy, curriculum, academic performance and strategic planning contributing to the services and mission of the Registrar’s Office and Wesley Theological Seminary. The position will work in an Associate Registrar role under the supervision of the Registrar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes Registrar’s duties in their absence
- Maintain the records and systems related to student enrollment with discretion and accuracy in accordance with internal policies and external regulation.
- Serve as the Veterans Affairs certifying official.
- Serve as DSO for the college to serve international students in the absence of the PDSO.
- Coordinate registration and grade submission for the Washington Theological Consortium.
- Assist the Registrar in researching and reporting enrollment statistics and related data for federal, local and state agencies and the institution.
- Responsible for Wait List enrollment and reports, Batch grade updates, late grade submission, NR grade conversion and Audit/CEU reports.
- Provide student help desk support for online registration.
- Oversee the Registrar’s website.
- Provide backup support on routine office tasks, generate transcripts, creating/revising/copying forms, data entry, and creation of ID cards and resolve student/faculty/staff inquiries.
- Perform audit of student records to determine status for the award of degrees. Input information into appropriate database.
- Coordinate the college's commencement activities: order diplomas, prepare graduate lists, disperse graduation materials to students, and maintenance of all records involved in these functions.
The successful applicant will have a Bachelor’s degree and experience in a higher education setting. The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
- Prior experience in higher educational institution’s registrar’s office.
- Experience in utilizing report writing software.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in student information systems and other software designed for higher education (i.e., Datatel, Blackboard)
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Internet programs
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter who works cooperatively with others in a diverse, fast-paced environment; and handle multiple priorities.
- A high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, credibility and integrity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send Cover Letter and Resume with contact information to:
Wesley Theological Seminary
4500 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016-5690
Or send information to email@example.com