85 Broad Street
ScriptEd (scripted.org) is a non-profit organization that equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology.
We bring our high-quality programs directly to high schools, where classes are taught by a team of professional software developers on a volunteer basis. Students learn front-end web development, build interactive web pages, and gain industry exposure through field trips, hackathons, advanced classes, and paid internship opportunities.
Founded in 2012, we currently serve more than 1,200 students in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Who We Want
We are looking for a Development Associate to join our quickly growing organization. The Development Associate will gain valuable experience within an entrepreneurial nonprofit environment. The Development Associate will own fundraising reporting and data and should be excited to use analysis to grow ScriptEd’s impact. Major responsibilities include gift processing, donor acknowledgment, and donor database management. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and will demonstrate excellent communication skills, attention to detail and willingness to take on large and small tasks. The Development Associate reports directly to the Senior Manager of Institutional Giving.
Gift Processing and Revenue Reporting
- Process and acknowledge gifts
- Track revenue and pledges and generate revenue reports
- Manage ScriptEd’s CRM system and donor database
- Perform monthly revenue reconciliations with Finance team
Individual and Institutional Giving
- Conduct donor research for individual, corporate and foundation prospects
- Prepare segment donor list for annual appeals and e-communications
- Manage corporate matching and volunteer gift programs
- Copy edit foundation and corporate proposals
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Development team
Social Media and Communications
- Create content for external audiences including social media, newsletter, website and print collateral
- Prepare pitch decks and one-pagers for meetings and events
- Manage library of photo and video assets
- Provide additional project support, as needed
- Provide logistical and day-of and post-event support for special events
- Track and report on special event revenue
- Coordinate pre- and post-event communications
- Bachelor’s degree, English major preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in a fundraising, marketing, or business development role
- Previous experience with CRM databases, Salesforce preferred
- Experience writing marketing copy; or executing fundraising, marketing, or social media campaigns
- Experience and expertise in using Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel/Sheets required) and Google Suite
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite applications is a bonus
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Desire to learn, develop new skills and build development experience
- Able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Travel may be required once or twice a year
Salary commensurate with experience. Includes a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and 1-3 writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line, “Development Associate Application.” All qualified applicants will be considered, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ScriptEd strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities and neighborhoods we serve. ScriptEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.