Early Learn Group Teacher, Harriet Tubman
- Job posted by Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
565 Morris Avenue
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Group Teachers for our new Morris Early Childhood Education Center. Group Teachers will maintain the classroom environment and develop a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of the children. Full time unionized positions (DC 1707 and Local 205) are available in the South Bronx; comprehensive union benefits package (medical, dental, life, vision, prescription, and pension plan) included.
- Develops a sound program that meets educational goals and implements effective program curriculum
- Supervises children in all activities, including trips and outings
- Promotes sound parent relationships; attends/participates in group parent meetings; conducts regular group conferences based on daily observations; maintains weekly progress reports and completes assessments
- A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education required, with commitment to Master’s study plan, OR Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education + NYS Teacher Certification in Early Childhood, Birth-Grade 2 is required
- Two years of prior experience working in a classroom setting with the Early Childhood population
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment, without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status in all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link