480 Pleasant Street
The ideal Education Resource Strategies Associate is a results-oriented professional with strong and proven analytical skills, including proficiency in or the desire to master supporting tools such as Excel and SQL, enjoys the interpretation of information and data and thinks strategically. ERS is a small organization with a strong professional learning community. As such, we place teamwork, initiative and a desire to learn and grow at a premium. While experience in the education sector is not required, a passion for improving the educational experience for all students is!
An ERS Associate typically works on 1-2 projects at a time. The typical engagement usually runs for most of the school year, and our client is most often the superintendent and his or her direct staff. While all client engagements are unique, most engagements require intensive data collection, analysis, and mapping as well working with the client to understand the implications of the work and to develop leveraged strategies and solutions to address the highest impact implications. The Associate has primary responsibility for conducting the analytics, as well as supporting the development of client presentations and reports. As a member of a collaborative project team, the Associate will work closely with the Partner, Manager or Principal Associate and Analysts to draw meaning from the data analysis and generate final work products. ERS’s inclusive and collaborative approach to project teams ensures that Associates will have the unique opportunity to participate in meetings with superintendents and other district leaders. All Associates are expected to participate in the ERS’ internal and external knowledge management through practice area development, writing articles for publication, and supporting the development of client decision-making tools.
- Actively participating as a member of ERS project teams.
- Executing and communicating well-defined analysis with moderate supervision.
- Participating in drawing implications and conclusions from analyses.
- Supporting the development of client presentations, reports, and other publications and tools for publication and dissemination.
- Participating in client meetings. Owning relationships with district data contacts.
- Some travel is required, usually averaging one to two overnight trips per month.
This position is a unique opportunity for a candidate with previous work experience to be part of a growing, collaborative organization that is driving transformational change in public education. ERS has a strong professional learning community. As such, we place teamwork, initiative, and a desire to learn and grow at a premium.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline required, master's degree (MBA, MPP, MPA or Education) preferred
- Experience in strategic consulting, quantitative analysis or other comparable management field with a strong emphasis on strategy and analytics preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Microsoft Access and SQL preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex material and effectively communicate ERS’ mission and impact to our target audience
- Broad understanding of and willingness to stay abreast of new research in the education sector
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a growing, mission-driven team
- Superior organizational skills, interpersonal skills, flexibility, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadline-driven tasks effectively and efficiently
- Commitment to ERS Values: Impact, Teamwork, Candor, Learning, Work-Life Balance, and Service
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to ERS’ mission exemplified through work experience, leadership opportunities, or community involvement. Experience in education reform a plus but a passion for improving urban education systems is required
ERS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy, or military service.
We value diverse teams and the unique talents each member brings. In that light, we encourage candidates that have life experiences similar to those of the children, teachers, and leaders in the districts we serve to apply. The value we place on diverse teams is mirrored by our commitments to foster and sustain an inclusive culture. We regularly evaluate our organization's processes and policies through the lens of equity and inclusion, and we provide opportunities for individual and organizational learning about equity, inclusion, and diversity.
We view these commitments as essential to our work with each other and our district partners, as we seek to drive equity and excellence for all students through school system transformation.
Comprehensive benefits package including insurance and retirement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please check out our website (https://www.erstrategies.org/info/careers) to learn more and apply online through one of the links below.