Summary: Located on Boston Common, the Cathedral is a community of congregations, a spiritual center for the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, and a vibrant part of the downtown community. Reporting to the Dean of the Cathedral, the Operations Manager offers administrative leadership to allow the cathedral to live into its mission and strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Mission Support (40%)
● Maintain Cathedral annual calendar of events and commitment dates.
● Through email and Microsoft Teams, help cathedral staff, Chapter, and Crossing Council to allow us to plan forward for upcoming events, commitments, and deadlines.
● Provide administrative support for Cathedral Chapter, including calendaring of chapter meetings and committee meetings, reserving rooms, creating Zoom links, note-taking at meetings, and distribution of notes and other materials.
● Coordinate the compilation, editing and publication of the cathedral’s annual report.
● Manage the on-boarding of new cathedral staff members and support the Dean in scheduling
annual check-in’s with staff.
Project Management (30%)
● Support the Facilities Manager and Building Committee in prioritizing and planning for facilities
updates and projects.
● Support the dean and personnel committee in hiring processes as we work towards equitable pay
and ongoing staff development.
● Support the chairperson and treasurer of chapter as staff liaison to annual budgeting process and
mid-year budget adjustment process.
● Periodically take on coordination of projects and research for chapter-initiated or strategic plan
related projects, in coordination with the dean and chairperson of the chapter.
● Help cathedral staff learn and utilize Microsoft Planner and Teams.
● Serve as cathedral Safe Church training administrator.
● Interface with RSM (IT provider) and represent the cathedral on the 138 Technology Advisory
● Set up periodic trainings for cathedral staff as needed (de-escalation, trauma-informed care, narcan training, etc.)
● Assist the Director of Marketing and Development with editing fundraising letters, webpages, and
Ministry Team Participation (10%)
● Meet weekly with the Dean, Director of Marketing and Development, and Cathedral Administrator.
● Participate in twice-monthly cathedral staff meetings.
● Attend monthly 138 staff meetings called by the bishops.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a minimum of oversight, and take initiative as needed. They must be comfortable juggling/managing several projects concurrently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Knowledge/Experience: Five years of experience in project management and non-profit administration, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven track-record of excellent group facilitation and organization.
Required Skills and Abilities
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to work as a team in support of shared purpose
● Takes joy in organization and helping others plan. Details-oriented
● Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Google Documents/Drive, Zoom
● Excellent typing and grammar skills
● Professional telephone manners and organization ability
To perform this job successfully an individual must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite of applications and basic budgeting and accounting software.
Work Environment: The Cathedral serves people of diverse cultures and backgrounds, including unhoused persons, in a busy urban neighborhood. We are committed to celebrating belonging, equity, inclusion and diversity within and among our congregations, employees and visitors, and candidates must be able to affirm these commitments. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary: Located on Boston Common, the Cathedral is a community of congregations, a spiritual center for the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, and a vibrant part of the downtown community. Reporting to the Dean of the Cathedral, the…
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Competitive salary and benefits package.