Details: Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided.
The Convening and Dining Operations (CDO) team has an open position for an Event Associate (Associate), who will play a pivotal role in coordinating events and meetings at the Ford Foundation.
Ford events will expand significantly this fall when the foundation returns to its headquarters at East 43rd St. where there will be newly renovated spaces dedicated primarily for holding social justice-related convenings and meetings. The Foundation will make these event spaces available to staff, grantees, partners, and other eligible organizations. The Associate will work closely with event organizers from these groups to ensure all logistical, operational, and production needs are met by the Foundation’s operations teams.
The Associate reports to the Executive Producer of Events and will work closely with other events team staff, the Foundation’s operations teams and third-party vendors. They will have daily interactions with Foundation staff, grantees and partners of the foundation.
The ideal candidate will be a confident, detail-oriented, and energetic, problem solver whose default is to be calm in high-pressure situations. The Associate should feel comfortable collaborating with people of all levels and backgrounds, and should understand the importance of maintaining Ford’s reputation for providing excellent guest services.
- Manage a portfolio of events and meetings assigned by the Executive Producer of Events
- Assist with the day-to-day venue operations of the Foundation’s event spaces, e.g.: coordinate menus, room set-ups, AV, security, and facilities needs directly with client
- Serve as the on-site event contact and respond to event host’s questions and requests
- Generate staffing plans, floor plans, event quotes, and run-of-shows
- Perform event staffing roles as needed, including registration management, mic running, ushering, and time keeping
- Collaborate with and communicate event needs to facilities and other departments during planning and execution phases of events
- At least 3-4 years of experience working in events, including internships, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Superior ability to keep multiple projects in play and moving forward simultaneously
- Consummate team player with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks
Knowledge of G-Suite and Eventbrite is a plus as is an interest in venue operations.
This position is not sedentary and requires significant movement around the building. There is also occasionally the need to lift boxes with event materials and to move signage around.
Alignment to Culture and Values
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of equity, openness, collaboration, trust, accountability and urgency
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Three weeks’ paid vacation in first year of work; four weeks in subsequent years
- Office closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Medical and dental benefits for employee and immediate family on first day of work
- Professional development initiatives for growth
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions of up to 13%
- Generous parental leave (maternal and paternal) during new child’s first year (born into family or adopted)
- Subsidized lunch in on-site cafeteria
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at The Ford Foundation, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Minimum Education Required