Details: $75000 - $88000 / Yearly Salary
Property Services Industry Director Annual Pay: 75K to 88K
Do you want to join a growing and progressive union in a key leadership position? Do you want to join the fight for the 99%? Are you ready to join the working class struggle to rebuild our economy and democracy? If you work hard, have a 'can do' spirit, can move others to take action, and if the fire for social justice burns in your gut—we would like to talk with you about a future with SEIU Local 105. We offer competitive salary and benefits—but more importantly: we offer the chance to develop yourself as an organizer, do work that will change your life, and engage in the kind of kick-ass struggles that you might tell your grandkids about. We are committed to building a multi-racial working class movement that can contest the 1% for power, so women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
General Statement of Duties:
The Property Services Industry Director partners with our President in leading Local 105's Property Services industry, which encompasses 3,500 janitors, security officers, and airport employees. This industry is one-half of our over 7,500 member Local—which also represents healthcare and mental health employees.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop a member-led program to meet our contract enforcement needs of our members while developing leaders, mobilizing members, and building power in a critical swing state. We have a strong Executive Board, a dynamic Senior Staff team, and a group of committed staff and leaders who are going to shake up the good state of Colorado!
Essential Duties and knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Staff Leadership
- Work with Organizers on inspiring them to move program and developing their leaders
- Responsible for staff development, motivation, and support
- Build a strong culture of recognition and accountability based on goals
- Work with Executive Board
- Assist the President in developing Board leadership
- Prepare and present monthly reports to the Board
- Engage Board members in planning, strategizing, and doing the work needed to win
- Contractor Relations
- Drive compliance with contracts
- Oversee relationship between contractors and union
- Bargaining Contracts and leading contract campaigns
- Leading on Local 105's Union Program
- Partner with our President about Industry's program and needs
- Develop and drive implementation of the local's programs
- Develop annual budget recommendations for the Industry
- Be a part of lively and dynamic discussion with Staff, Senior Staff, and Member Leaders as we figure out the best ways to build power and win for our members!
- Property Services Industry Leader
- Provide vision and direction to program and planning
- Develop staff and member leaders as part of building a kick-ass union
- Other Requirements:
- At least 3-5 years staff experience in the labor movement; coordinator or director level experience required.
- Excellent communication skills/ both verbal and written
- Experience in internal organizing, rank and file staff training, Local Union communications and political action, and bargaining contracts and mobilizing members for contract campaigns is highly desirable.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Must have a valid driver's license and dependable car with insurance.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary is competitive and flexible based on prior labor or relevant experience
- Full benefits package including health insurance, pension plan, car allowance, and paid vacation
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
SEIU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required