Apply for this job by following THIS LINK
Tracking Code 1657
The Senior Learning Technologist is a valuable contributor to the development of innovative, scalable designs and user experiences for the Questrom Online MBA and other large-scale online programs at Boston University.
The Senior Learning Technologist must possess user experience, learning design, and technical aptitude in order to provide strategic and design consultation as needed, and help with the purposeful application of the technology with the Learning Designers, Learning Facilitators, Faculty, and Program leadership.
The Sr. Learning Technologist's function is tactical and hands-on. They will be a collaborator with demonstrated technical capabilities to support online learning at-scale as well as possess a thorough understanding of the user experience within higher education. Reporting to the Director of Educational Technology, Digital Learning & Innovation, the Sr. Learning Technologist joins a team dedicated to helping staff, faculty, and students effectively navigate a rapidly changing technology landscape.
- Provide technical solutions for highly interactive learning environments in support of best in class pedagogy while minimizing barriers for interfacing technologies.
- Collaborate with Learning Designers, Learning Facilitators, Platform Administrators, Faculty, and Program Leadership to craft innovative approaches to online learning within graduate management education.
- Create documentation and protocols on the BU/Questrom-specific context of technology tools in multiple formats.
- Consult and advise faculty on appropriate technological tools best suited to meet learning objectives.
- Provide consultation via video conference, phone, email, and in-person.
- Promote awareness and utilization of educational technologies among program leadership, staff, and faculty via presentations, conferences, faculty meetings, and related events.
- Create and deliver technology training virtually and in-person, as needed.
- Anticipate technical needs for learners and faculty and provide practical solutions, as needed.
- Communicate regularly with technology vendors as needed to ensure reliable and satisfactory service to Questrom and the OMBA program.
- Respond to help desk tickets (troubleshoot, respond and close within anticipated timeline)
- Work with Information Services & Technology and other BU organizational units to approve the adoption of new tools. Each Educational Technologist on the team specializes in supporting a particular set of technology tools.
- Supporting the Questrom Online MBA on the following tools: Blackboard ULTRA, FeedbackFruits, Salesforce, PowerBI, Yellowdig, Pronto.
- Masters degree. Doctoral degree preferred.
- Degree in education, user experience, instructional technology or directly related field, or five years full-time experience in a higher-education setting.
- At least five years of work experience at a university or other higher-education setting.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret learning objectives, and work collaboratively with faculty, instructional designers, learning facilitators, platform administrators, and program staff at various levels of technical ability.
- Advanced-level experience with G Suite (Google Apps), especially in an education context, and/or general experience with any or all of the following platforms: Blackboard, Yellowdig, FeedbackFruits, and/or Salesforce.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to support multiple projects under potentially conflicting deadlines.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience developing training resources and documentation
- Experience teaching in a higher-education setting (preferably at a mid-size to large institution)
- Experience or training in instructional design
- Experience with tools for accessibility -Experience with UI/UX testing
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and transfer knowledge to others (formally and informally)
- Capacity for flexibility, imagination, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to address problems with a holistic framework and student-centered approach
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.”
BOSTON, United States