Move For Hunger is looking for someone who is creative, driven, and passionate about development and fundraising. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a proven track record in building effective partnerships, and will come with new ideas as well as an ambitious attitude. We are looking for someone to grow with our organization, and help us continue to build a new, sustainable solution to food waste and hunger.
This person will be responsible for researching, cultivating, and growing regional and national corporate relationships to support Move For Hunger’s mission. Our ideal candidate has worked in business development, fundraising, partnerships, CSR, and/or cause marketing positions and is able to understand a partner’s goals and interests in order to provide value and get results. S/He must have a knowledge base of sales, marketing, foundations, sustainability, employee engagement, and HR in order to develop and nurture successful, lasting partnerships.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position manages a pipeline of prospects, including multi-national corporations, foundations, and high net-worth individuals to aggressively increase the organization’s annual revenue.
· Work with the Executive Director to create a long-term development and fundraising plan for the organization
· Work with Board of Directors to expand the Move For Hunger network
· Identify, solicit, and cultivate corporate partnerships at local and national levels and develop trusted relationships with a portfolio of partners, acting as primary point of contact
· Manage and oversee development team, supporting team members’ professional growth and goals
· Create tools for effective employee engagement and giving campaigns
· Aggressively increase organizational revenue, utilizing a blend of traditional and non-traditional fundraising strategies
· Maintain and expand base of corporate partner relationships through ongoing communication and solicitation; ensure timely renewals and continued partnership growth YOY
· Leverage personal and professional network to open doors for Move For Hunger
· Maintain current prospect and partner records in Salesforce while providing accurate and timely reporting – including revenue and expense forecasts
· Work closely with special events manager on employee engagement plans and to solicit sponsorships and advise on fundraising tactics for in-person events
· Collaborate across teams to ensure communications are streamlined and coordinated
· Stay current on consumer trends, cause marketing practices, digital, and corporate sponsorship; convert insights into actionable programs and new revenue streams
· Spearhead online and volunteer fundraising campaigns while creating new content and campaigns to encourage engagement
· Develop and present creative and impactful presentations for corporate partnership opportunities; ensure teammates / leadership involved in pitch are briefed and prepared before meetings
· Travel to attend industry conferences and meet with existing partners / solicit new partners while serving as a positive ambassador for the organization
· Born to network and negotiate. You possess the ability to interact and shoot straight with executives while building lasting relationships that create win-win partnerships.
· A self-starter. You’re naturally ambitious and can see opportunities and run with them. You have no problem making cold-calls and can run a project from start to finish.
· Personable. You know how to work a crowd and are always full of energy and passion for the cause. You’re great at getting to know the people behind the accounts and have the contacts to prove it.
· Curious and data-driven. You have strong analytical skills and can identify trends with donors and partners over time. You’re always trying new strategies and tracking the results to help the organization continue to improve.
· Flexible. You’re comfortable with a number of evolving priorities, thrive in ambiguity, and are open to new ideas when opportunities present themselves.
· A hustler. There is no such thing as a crazy idea. You’re motivated to not only meet but exceed your goals and to grow Move For Hunger’s impact.
· Demonstrated success in the following areas: corporate sponsorships, major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, employee giving
· At least 4+ years of experience in account management, cause marketing, fundraising, sales, or client services
· Proven ability to motivate, inspire, and lead
· Experience in securing six-figure, multi-year commitments
· Highly proactive and autonomous, with experience meeting deadlines and balancing competing priorities
· Supervision experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail
· Experience working with non-profit clients or for a non-profit organization
· Experience working with Fortune 500 companies and corporate foundations
· Experience with Salesforce is a bonus!
Move For Hunger offers a robust benefits package inclusive of health, dental, and vision. We also have an unlimited vacation day policy!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject Director of Corporate Partnerships.