The Army Historical Foundation is working in a public/private partnership with the U. S. Army on a capital campaign for the National Museum of the U.S. Army.
The Assistant/Associate Director of Major Gifts serves as a front-line fundraiser and member of AHF’s fundraising team. Primary duties include establishing and managing effective relationships with donor prospects and existing donors, and assisting in building a successful fundraising program.
The Assistant/Associate Director of Major Gifts, under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, will identify and qualify potential major donors, and design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. This position will solicit prospects, and steward existing donors, and is expected to conduct 10-15 donor visits per month and manage a portfolio of at least 100 prospects.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the nonprofit sector (or a transferable field) with a minimum of one year as a front-line fundraiser/client services representative preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required. The incumbent must be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment, as well as a disciplined self-starter who is results oriented.
- Regular travel is expected.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Military experience is preferred but not required.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and generous benefits. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required