District of Columbia
The Facility Operations Manager maintains the STFH facility in optimal and safe conditions at all times, using best practices, and keeping compliance with internal, local, and federal regulations, while operating within budget and in response to program needs. This position is accountable directly to the Short Term Family Housing Program Director and provides supervision to the Meal Coordinator. This is a full-time position which may require flexible hours and on-call shift.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Facilities, Program Director of STFH, Senior Director of Housing, and VP of Finance and Operations in the development of annual capital expenses. Monitors expenses in conjunction with relevant contract budgets. Researches and maintains current knowledge of educational and occupational training programs on an ongoing basis
- Oversees the STFH site compliance with fire safety requirements, including completion of monthly fire drills across shifts, and maintenance of fire inspection records and other required documentation.
- Coordinates purchasing of janitorial and maintenance supplies, furniture, equipment, and other fixtures in response to programmatic need.
- Acts as primary point of contact with outside contractors for maintenance and janitorial needs, and food services; verifies completion of work
- Conducts routine daily facility checks, ensuring compliance with contract requirements, and communicates regularly with Program Director and Facilities Director.
- Ensures proper delivery and disbursement of breakfast and dinner to families.
- Researches price and specification comparisons to find best equipment and supplies for the lowest cost and makes recommendations for purchases.
- Works with outside vendors
We offer great benefits including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield;
- Life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance;
- 403(b) Retirement Plan;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses;
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro;
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays;
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies;
- And much more!
Community of Hope is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission driven nonprofit. For over 38 years, we have provided health-care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington DC. We currently operate a variety of housing programs and three community health centers, which offer medical, dental, behavioral health, and birth services. Through providing these programs and supportive services, we continue our mission of helping and enabling people achieve good health, a stable home, family sustaining income, and hope.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014, 2016 and 2017. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related experience such as project management, business management or construction management.
- Food Handler’s License or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire required.
- Knowledge of and experience with building, systems, maintenance, repairs, and janitorial requirements for commercial and residential properties minimum 5 years required.
- Punctuality and ability to work independently.
- Experience with computer programs, including but not limited to excel spreadsheets, emailing, etc.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required, as well as proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to travel to other sites and work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, required.
Minimum Education Required