Purpose of the Position: To develop transition plans for teenage youth that encourages them to achieve to their highest potential in interpersonal relationships, career, education and personal interest development.
- Complete education/vocational assessments and connect to appropriate resources.
- Obtain and place in paid and unpaid internships depending on skill level.
- Run workshops that cover key areas where youths need to develop life skill competencies as per ACS requirements.
- Ensure connections to community resources.
- Assist youths with completing housing appications as appropriate (NYCHA, Supportive Housing, etc.).
- Ensure youths have transitional Medicaid upon discharge.
- Obtain vital documents for all youths on caseload.
- Document all contact in electronic case record.
- Complete PYA checklist using ACS web based PAT tool.
- Work collaboratively with caseworkers and all team members to ensure youths are setting goals and working towards achievement.
- All other duties assigned.
- BSW or related field with two years experience working with adolescents.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and think creatively.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- NYS Drivers License with clean driving record.
- Experience with Connections and ACS PAT Tool is a plus.
- Experience running groups is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel between different locations.
- Must be energetic.
- Flexible hours required.
: TRANSITIONAL COORDINATO
: New York-Brooklyn-Boerum Hill
Travel - 75% of the time
Minimum Education Required