NPH USA is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean by supporting the Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos network of homes and outreach programs for orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children. We provide a loving family, security, education, health care, and leadership development opportunities to children in nine countries.
Reporting to the Regional Director the Development Gift Officer is responsible for the engagement, cultivation and solicitation of donors in support of the mission of NPH. This position is responsible for relationship management with prospective and current investors in NPH capable of making major gifts to NPH USA, including the management of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the guidance and direction of the Regional Director, the Development Gift Officer will develop new and existing donors in the following ways:
· Manage a portfolio maintaining relationships with 200 current donors and prospective supporters in order to meet and exceed fundraising goal.
· Create and implement monthly strategies for prospects/donors in portfolio.
· Cultivate relationships and solicit new and renewed gifts from investors capable of making annual/major/planned gifts $1,000-$10,000+ utilizing the moves-management process.
· Travel through assigned region at least 4-times a year to make prospect and donor exploratory, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits.
· Visit a minimum of 125 assigned prospects/donors in person each calendar year in accordance with fundraising metrics.
· Move potential donors in a timely fashion towards solicitation and closure.
· Develop meaningful opportunities for stewarding donors.
· Develop and build greater regional awareness serving as a resource to individuals, communities and organizations to strengthen solicitation opportunities.
· Achieve metrics and annual fundraising goals.
· Support the fundraising staff in the development of the donor pipeline.
· Work with NPH USA volunteers to assist in engaging and cultivating donors as appropriate.
· Attend NPH events, as required and/or as requested.
· Other duties and meeting responsibilities as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
Qualifications / Requirements (please do not apply if you do not satisfy all of these)
· Two or more years’ experience in annual or major gifts solicitation and portfolio management
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage volunteers and donors
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside NPH USA
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
· International experience preferred
· Must be willing to travel
· High energy and passion for NPH USA’s mission is essential
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include specific salary requirements. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.