The Communications and Public Affairs (CPA) Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Library and Information Specialist to assist with researcher support, metadata curation, and library subscription management. The candidate will work with OCLC software services, such as WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, Acquisitions, and CONTENTdm. The successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail and be comfortable in a highly culturally diverse work environment. This is a one-year renewable position based in Washington, DC.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform original and copy cataloging for research outputs
- Curate metadata in institutional repository and other databases/portals
- Assign keywords using controlled vocabularies derived from thesauri (AGROVOC, CABI, and others)
- Disseminate IFPRI research outputs using different tools and databases including Google Books, Google Play, RePEc, SSRN, etc.
- Liaise with vendors and publishers to maintain IFPRI’s institutional subscriptions and renewals
- Provide research support through Inter Library Loans (ILL) and literature reviews
- Manage and track the use of print resources using WorldShare Circulation
- Create and maintain Research Guides in LibGuides
- Manage administrative tasks such as invoices and expense reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of professional experience or MLIS/MIS or Master’s degree in other Information Science degree from accredited university and three years of relevant experience.
- Experience in library cataloging and understanding of emerging trends in the field
- Familiarity with metadata common standards and common technologies used in the field such as: Dublin Core, MODS, XML, OAI-PMH, etc.
- Experience with common repository technologies such as DSpace, Bepress, Eprints, or CONTENTdm
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibly with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Experience with web content management systems like Drupal and other Content Management Systems (CMS) experience with data lifecycle, publishing, and metadata standards (e.g., DDI)
- Experience writing scripts using common languages like Python, Perl, and others
- Experience working with international and national organizations
- Experience or education in any of IFPRI’s core research areas such as agriculture, economics, nutrition, or international policy studies.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.