1201 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
ABOUT FINCA INTERNATIONAL
FINCA was founded in 1985 on a radical notion: giving small loans to the poor has the power to transform entire communities in a sustainable way. After impacting 39 million lives with responsible financial services, we are widening our focus to further catalyze economic growth and alleviate poverty in underserved markets around the world. We remain boldly committed to market-based solutions, and are supporting the rise of social enterprises delivering basic services to help low-income families and their communities achieve a better standard of living.
FINCA International, a Washington, DC, -based not-for-profit, is looking for an energetic and innovative communications professional to support strategic global communications for a dynamic and evolving organization. The Communications Officer will be tasked with establishing FINCA as a thought leader in market-based solutions to poverty, and a port of call for social enterprises delivering life-enhancing products and services to those at the bottom of the economic pyramid. This is a remarkable growth opportunity to support FINCA Ventures and BrightLife, two exciting initiatives at the cutting-edge of impact investing and social enterprise in emerging markets.
Primary responsibilities for the Communications Officer include content creation and publishing, and digital and social media management. The individual will also support public and media relations, communications strategy and campaigns, and will help grow and enhance a trusted global brand. In this role, s/he will work closely with fundraising and program teams, and will report to the Senior Communications Officer.
Content Creation & Publishing
· Write, edit and publish weekly blog posts on FINCA news, client stories, ideas and insights, and other thought leadership pieces on market-based solutions to poverty.
· Produce quarterly print and digital newsletters and the organization’s annual report, and support the distribution through direct mail and online channels.
· Collaborate with front-line impact investing, social enterprise, and research teams on case studies and white papers to advance thought leadership on market-led innovations supporting the world’s poor.
· Design and disseminate organizational and donor-specific collateral material (i.e., program one-pagers, fact sheets, customized needs for major donors and grants, ads, etc.)
· Assist in the implementation of video production and photojournalism activities.
Digital & Social Media
· Lead day-to-day social media posting and community management, including curating and creating relevant content, engaging with influencers, and extending our reach.
· Manage content and communications on the FINCA.org Newsroom, with a focus on blog posts, media coverage, press releases, events, case studies, and white papers.
· In partnership with a web developer and/or agency partners, administer the organization’s website and microsites, including web development, SEO strategy, and page content.
· Contribute to internal digital communication tools (i.e., Yammer, FINCA Flash emails).
Public & Media Relations
· In collaboration with internal team members and an agency partner, support media inquiries and pitches, prepare talking points, and draft press releases.
· Contribute to pitches and speech writing for speaking roles at industry conferences.
· Help identity and implement public relations events and campaigns.
Communications Strategy & Campaigns
· Track KPIs and review monthly performance with the Senior Communications Officer and the Chief Development Officer.
· Support the Senior Communications Officer with the planning and execution of the organization’s annual communications strategy.
· Assist in the development and implementation of external communications campaigns.
· Administer the FINCA Global Brand Center, a digital asset management tool.
· Support overall FINCA brand management, including messaging and positioning, visual identity system, and implementation of a recurring brand identity audit.
· Building off existing brand recognition and excellence, grow and extend FINCA Ventures and BrightLife sub-brands and programs through breakthrough communications.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate a clear ability to translate new ideas and concepts into tangible and compelling pieces through powerful and energetic storytelling. Artful ability to adapt writing styles for multifaceted audiences, including persuasive impact stories for donors, and clever and engaging posts and data-driven papers about our social enterprise portfolio and research findings.
· Strong experience in digital and social media. Knowledge of Sprout Social, WordPress CMS and Google Analytics preferred.
· Demonstrable background in public and media relations.
· Experience stewarding organizational reputation, especially undergoing transformation.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
· 3+ years of progressive experience leading strategic communications and brand marketing.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and graphics design would be a major value-add.
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online fundraising platforms a plus.
· 100% fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second language is also a plus.
· Ability to travel internationally up to twice per year, for up to one week each trip.
Framing (Oral + Written Communication)
· Provides ample and clear context, expertly adapting style for the audience and venue.
· Ability to transform data and insights into a linear and persuasive story.
· Develops innovative approaches and ideas, and drives insights from concept to execution.
· Generates suggestions for improving work and meets challenges with resourcefulness.
· Synthesizes complex or diverse information and uses data to inform business decisions.
· Proactively audits all programs and initiatives.
· Builds and articulates a strategic vision for achieving organizational goals.
· Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail, including internationally.
Billions of people have been left behind by the world’s progress. We know it doesn’t have to be this way. If you share our vision of creating a global network of social enterprises that improve lives worldwide, come join us.
FINCA offers competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, gym discounts, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants must submit a resume/CV, one-page cover letter, and three samples of work demonstrating writing abilities. You may also be asked to complete a writing test and provide up to three professional references.
HOW TO APPLY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: