** This position can be located in Atlanta, NY or Washington, DC**
CARE USA’s Competitive Bids Unit (CBU) is seeking a Senior Business Development Specialist to play a key role in the pursuit of securing U.S. Government (USG) funding to achieve CARE’s mission in fighting global poverty. The person in this role will lead new business development efforts and coordinate CBU’s support to CARE’s Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) Unit and Country Offices (COs) responding to USG-funded, food security-related opportunities, mainly focused on USAID’s Office of Food for Peace (FFP). S/he will liaise with the FNS team and COs to identify, track, and develop strategies for the successful acquisition of resources. The Sr Business Development Specialist will also collaborate with partners/potential partners and assist with negotiations for scopes of work; conceptualize CARE’s role in potential projects, review draft proposals and coordinate submissions.
Additionally, s/he will work closely with other members of the Competitive Bids Unit, Country Offices, and HQ staff to ensure responsiveness to the requirements of the RFA/RFP and consistency with CARE’s best practices and Country Office needs and interest. The person in this role will develop and maintain systems to facilitate CARE’s responses to RFAs/RFPs; prepare analytical reports of past CARE experiences to reflect on lessons learned and provide leadership to build CARE staff capacity to successfully pursue bids. S/he will ensure that the proposal process from capture to submission is well managed and executed successfully.
- Lead CARE’s pursuit of Food and Nutrition Security (FNS) related proposals. As a part of this manages a portfolio and works directly with CARE’s FNS Unit to identify and pursue long-term strategic opportunities, which includes partnership development, identification and planning around priority opportunities, and implementation of individualized plans for Country Offices.
- Serve as the proposal manager on USAID’s Office of Food for Peace-funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) proposals. Responsibilities include facilitation of program design workshops and workflow management of proposal team comprising of internal and external members.
- Oversee and coordinate the entire proposal process from identification to award
- Oversee, coordinate, and be ultimately responsible for the preparation, writing, editing, review, management and timely submission of technical proposals and other CBU required materials
- Staff management
- Support ongoing CBU efforts to improve its business development processes
- Support the development of training models and best practices for capacity building in areas relevant to this role
- Work with CARE Country Offices to build capacity on CARE’s proposal development process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in development related field, master’s degree preferred
- 6-8 years of experience leading USG-funded new business development efforts, particularly as it relates to proposal development management (including but not limited to USAID’s Office of Food for Peace)
- Experience with Program design and facilitation of technical design workshops
- Strong knowledge of USG rules, regulations and proposal requirements
- Experience managing food security or related projects a plus
- Staff management experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent writing skills with special emphasis on clear, persuasive language; strong editing skills
To learn more, click apply!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter with application