The Chesapeake Bay Foundation seeks an Pennsylvania Office Manager to be based at its PA State Office located in Harrisburg, PA.
THE CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION
Established over 50 years ago, the Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the nation’s leading conservation organization dedicated solely to restoring and protecting the Chesapeake Bay, our nation’s largest estuary. With over 240,000 members, an annual operating budget of $26 million, and a $55 million endowment, CBF’s 190 full time staff work in offices in Annapolis and Easton, MD; Richmond and Virginia Beach, VA; Harrisburg, PA; Washington, DC; and in 15 field education program locations across the Bay watershed.
CBF's headquarters - the Philip Merrill Environmental Center – in Annapolis is the world’s first USGBC LEED platinum building. In 2014, CBF opened the Brock Environmental Center in Virginia Beach; the Brock Center is the tenth certified Living Building and one of the most energy efficient, environmentally smart buildings in the world.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
The Pennsylvania Office Manager provides proactive, efficient, and comprehensive administrative management of the CBF Pennsylvania office staff. This position requires an understanding of and professional experience in office and program financial planning and management, contract and permitting processes, and general office administrative support functions. The Office Manager plays a critical CBF and the Pennsylvania office achieving its mission.
Essential functions include:
1. Administrative Support
• Assist with the creation, review/edit, and distribution of internal and external communications, materials, reports, etc.
• Maintain databases, files, and archives for the state office.
• Administer office standards and procedures.
• Coordinate the logistical planning, scheduling, and execution of internal and external state office and field staff meetings, events, and retreats.
• Support office staff, volunteers, and interns/fellows by assisting with orienting, and training.
• Support state office and field staff on scheduling travel arrangements, equipment rentals & purchasing, maintaining office supplies, and other general assistance.
• Act as the Pennsylvania Office point of contact for IT and equipment vendors, service, and maintenance providers.
• Act as a liaison to other CBF offices, departments, and headquarters.
• With the assistance of staff, assure state office webpage contains timely, relevant, and accurate information.
• Manage state office administrative support staff, as applicable.
2. Financial, Contractual, and Agreement Management
• With the assistance of state office senior staff, prepare and administer the annual state office budget, monitor/track expenditures, facilitate coding of invoices and expense reports, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions.
• Prepare and manage state office request for proposals, contracts, landowner agreements, and memorandums of understanding with appropriate internal and external parties.
• Facilitate procurement of equipment, support services, and financial oversight of contracts and agreements.
3. State Grants Management
• In coordination with state office and headquarters staff, provide general analyst support, including assisting in the preparation of proposals, information management, and other grant/program support as necessary.
• Prepare routine program/grant budget updates, scheduling and completing expenditures and invoices, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
• Facilitate preparation and submittal of reports to appropriate state office and headquarters staff on Federal, State, and Private Grants as necessary.
4. Other Responsibilities
• Facilitate the routine collection, review, and submittal of state office lobbying reports and annual statements, with assistance of the Pennsylvania Staff Attorney.
• Collect and submit for approval state office bi-weekly timesheets.
• Prepare bi-weekly timesheet and monthly lobbying reports for Pennsylvania Executive Director.
• Manage Pennsylvania Executive Director’s schedule and assist in preparation for daily/weekly priorities.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or other related discipline with no less than five years of relevant financial and grants management, administrative management, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Good understanding of non-profit business operations and federal/state grant and contract funding mechanisms. Strong planning, administrative, organizational, personnel and budget management skills. Ability to deal effectively with and represent the Pennsylvania State Office to a wide range of state and federal agencies, subgrantees, affiliated organizations financial institutions, decision-makers, members, vendors, consultants, and the general public. Tactful basic negotiating skills a plus. Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and must be proficient in industry standards and practices, including relevant technologies. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with willingness to work both independently and collaboratively are important.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position will be open until filled by suitable candidate. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
CBF offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, health, vision, dental, life insurance, and a tax deferred retirement plan. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.