75 Federal Street
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant is the administrative face of the Executive and Administrative Offices, performing administrative duties requiring initiative, independence and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant will provide daily administrative and office support to the CEO, and will provide assistance with projects for the Executive Team and the Vice President of Human Resources. The Executive Assistant will also coordinate JVS Board of Directors meeting, scheduling and associated tasks for meetings and will assist in maintaining Board relations.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
• BA/BS Business Administration/Management or equivalent experience
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
• Outstanding organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Previous executive level administrative experience required
• Confident self-starter; ability to prioritize, juggle multiple assignments and follow-through
• Ability to troubleshoot and implement systems that contribute to an efficient working environment
• Adaptability in working under pressure and with short notice deadlines and last minute changes
• Up to date on technology innovations like helpful applications and social media platforms
• Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively with peers, Board of directors, senior staff, volunteers, and public
• Ability to take ownership of a process; to use problem solving skills to resolve issues
• Ability to manage confidential information
• Performs other duties as required
• Handles all situations with professional capacity and diplomacy
• Creative problem solving and troubleshooting techniques
• Exceptional customer service
• High level administrative skills and technological savviness
• Accountability and Results Focused
• Adapting to Change
• Building Relationship, Collaboration and Teamwork
• Cultural Competency and Respect
• Communication Skills
• Strong Writing Skills
• Planning and Organizing
• Promotes External Relations
JVS Benefits: As a full-time employee, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), parental leave, short and long term disability and life insurance plans. A robust paid time off plan is also part of the offering.
JVS Culture: JVS is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.
Minimum Education Required