The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: accelerating meaningful therapeutic advances and, ultimately, a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus—thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest global funder of Parkinson’s disease research outside the U. S. federal government, having funded over $1 billion in research projects in both academic and industry labs worldwide.
We believe that to find a cure for PD as quickly as possible, our capital needs to push research forward today—we therefore deliberately have no endowment. We instead start our fundraising from zero each year and seek to deploy funds raised as quickly and wisely as possible.
The Development Operations and Revenue Analytics team (DORA) drives revenue growth by developing data insights that guide revenue strategy. The team is integral in helping the Michael J Fox Foundation scale its mission through an expanded revenue base.
The Revenue Analyst will align revenue analytics with revenue strategy and development operations practices. This role will consist of three core responsibilities:
- Building insightful reports and dashboards to track revenue line performance and support fundraising team to achieve business goals;
- Cleanup and optimize data flows for more efficient reporting needs;
- Supporting ongoing data analysis projects.
This role will use our SQL-based business intelligence tool to engage with data, uncover trends, identify opportunities where data analysis can enhance our fundraising strategy. We are actively seeking someone with a strong quantitative background, sharp business acumen, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, monitor and report on extensive revenue KPI’s with specific attention paid to understanding the ROI of various revenue lines and initiatives.
- Manage ad-hoc reporting requests and support custom reports for long-term projects and explorations.
- Create tools and dashboards for fundraising teams and revenue line managers; analyze current dashboard usage to identify opportunities for optimization.
- Own and develop efficient data flows to extract insights from multiple databases using complex query statements; troubleshoot data discrepancies to ensure data quality.
- Work closely with revenue strategy colleagues to brainstorm creative ways to answer fundraising team’s challenges to unlock new revenue opportunities.
- Develop triggers and opportunities for lead qualification and prospect management follow up.
- Make process improvement recommendations for automation.
- Effortlessly navigate the analytics stack (wrangling, exploring, modeling, validating, visualizing, socializing) to capture insightful data trends for multiple revenue lines.
- Work closely within CRM & Analytics team to collect revenue data per project requirements.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years experience in related field (e.g., Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Consulting) with measurable success and achievement.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in related field (e.g., Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Marketing, etc.)
- Proven commitment to data hygiene, project management and customer service.
- Working knowledge of human-centered design and empathy.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Domo, or Power BI, preferred.
- Fluent in Excel, SQL; proficiency in SPSS, R, and other scripting languages (e.g., Python), a plus
- Experience with CRM, especially Salesforce, a plus.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex topics to both experts and novices.
- Strong organizational skills; keen multi-tasker able to support diverse teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Ideal candidate will:
- be an effective team player who demonstrates positive mentality, collaborative approach to problem-solving and comfort in navigating ambiguity.
- embody civility, customer service, entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic.
- display a sense of resourcefulness, timeliness and leadership in work.
- be an operational innovator with an understanding how best to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of projects.
- be mature, responsible, objective and even-keeled with high-level EQ.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.