Title: Finance Associate
Reports to: Controller
Position Description: This is an entry-level role within the Operations Team and is responsible for providing critical support to the Accounting & Fundraising teams. To be successful, you will have excellent computer skills; familiarity and comfort working with databases; the ability to learn programs and processes quickly; diligence and attention to detail; and, you will value being a member of a highly functioning team.
Database Management (50%)
- Enter daily mail deposit batches into HDSA’s CRM, DonorView.
- Record donations made through 3rd party sites, such as GiveSmart and Crowdrise, etc.
- Review Square donations entered by Regional
- Development staff for coding accuracy.
- Capture returned checks and refunds.
- Monitor and track all information entered into Donor View to ensure the accuracy of donor records.
- Run reports as needed.
- Be seen as an internal DonorView super-user, able to train and provide technical support to other staff and volunteers, as needed.
- Establish and maintain policies for entering data into DonorView, driving standards of excellence in data management.
- Process donor acknowledgement letters and memorial tribute cards in accordance with HDSA policies.
- Identify and consolidate duplicate records and other database housekeeping.
Accounting Support (45%)
- Process incoming daily mail with the Controller.
- Scan checks and prepare batches for deposit & data entry preparation.
- Enter deposits into HDSA’s General Ledger System (MIP).
- Take Deposits/Payments to the bank, as needed.
- Support monthly filing process.
- Review each check request packet, ensuring all required information is submitted, coded correctly, signed and approved.
- Enter invoices into MIP in a timely manner to ensure all bills and reimbursements are paid on time.
- Prepared checks to be mailed. File supporting backup.
- Ensure W9 forms are collected for all independent contractors.
- Enter Chapter transactions into MIP on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Controller with monthly reconciliations between MIP and DonorView.
- Work with the COO to manage state tax exempt forms
- Assist the Controller with annual 1099s. Update addresses and social security numbers for
- old and new vendors. Print and mail out all 1099s.
- Provide support for annual audit.
Administrative & Operations Support (5%)
- Support the COO in managing office supplies, the postage meter, contracted vendors and other office administrative areas.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Passion for Society’s mission and commitment to the non-profit sector.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience of work experience in a bookkeeping or data entry position.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and team player. Values positive relationships with colleagues and volunteers.
- Exceptional commitment to customer service and ability to multitask effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based general ledger systems and databases a plus. Candidates with experience using Abila MIP or DonorView will be prioritized.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related programs.
- Be an active team member by demonstrating a willingness to jump in when needed.
HDSA is an equal opportunity employer.