Director of School Support- National Schools
- Job posted by Internationals Network for Public Schools
Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
For 34 years, schools in the Internationals Network have provided excellent options for English Language Learners. We are currently seeking passionate, skilled and committed educators to join our national school development and support team in a full-time position as Director of School Support.
Who We Are
English Language Learners represent nearly 10% of the US public school population. Across the US, immigrant ELLs graduate at among the lowest rates and dropout at among the highest of all student subgroups. Internationals Network for Public Schools is the only school development and support organization that specifically addresses the educational needs of this population. Our mission is to provide quality education for recently arrived immigrants by growing and sustaining a strong national network of innovative public secondary schools, while broadening our impact by sharing proven best practices and influencing policy for English Language Learners (ELLs) nationally. We partner with public schools, districts, community organizations, and others to design, open and support schools and provide professional development and resources to educators.
What You’ll Do
We know that for secondary schools to meet the needs of immigrant ELLs, they must have instruction, school structures and professional development systems for teachers to be effective and implement solid, research-based best-practices that support the academic, linguistic and social emotional development of students. As the Director of School Support, you will be based in New York City and work with leaders in schools affiliated with Internationals Network in locations throughout the United States, which will require frequent travel. You’ll work strategically to plan, implement, and monitor services that support and promote success for ELLs. In partnership with your colleagues at Internationals, you will oversee the provision of structural and instructional supports to Internationals schools and academies (school within-a-school programs).
Specific responsibilities may include:
The DSS-National will also coordinate cross-network initiatives as needed.
● Support development of strong instructional programs in new and existing Internationals Network Schools by working directly with school leaders, district staff, and teachers;
● Implement needs assessments, feedback and strategic planning with school leadership and teachers to identify areas of strength as well as areas of need that can be supported by Internationals services;
● Sustain and grow programs by crafting proposals, creating budgets, negotiating and executing contracts, managing service delivery, and conducting ongoing assessment of services provided to schools to ensure high quality and student success.
● Oversee and coordinate services to schools including instructional coaching, workshops, school feedback processes, intervisitations, conferences and institutes, and strategic planning.
● Liaise with district leadership to coordinate and align school supports
● Coordinate delivery of contracted services to schools and academies including: o Leadership Development: Leadership Coaching, Goal Setting
o Professional development: Instructional Coaching, Workshops,
o Network Collaboration: Intervisitations, Conferences, network meetings
o Impact Assessment: Observations and Walkthroughs and use of multiple types of data for feedback and program planning
o Strategic planning for long-term stability and excellence of each school.
● Collaborate with internal staff to develop their capacity to to deliver high quality services to schools;
● Sustain and monitor project services, budgets and impact;
● Develop internal staff capacity
● Collaborate with the Director of School Development to support the development of new schools within region
● Collaborate with the Director of Research and Innovation to use data proactively for impact assessment and planning
● Participate in periodic peer inquiry discussions with other Internationals staff.
What You Bring
Internationals Network is looking for committed, experienced educators with diverse backgrounds and experiences who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to improve educational programs and services for immigrant English Language Learners across the United States. You'll be right at home here if you are passionate about issues related to immigration, are a creative thinker and a team player, and are a great communicator looking to improve your own professional practice by working collaboratively.
We expect the Director of School Support to:
● Have leadership and coaching skills, bringing a distinguished track record in coaching school leaders ;
● Be grounded in secondary school practice, with professional experience working at, serving and supporting secondary public schools;
● Know the specific strengths, needs and challenges facing immigrant English language learners, drawing on minimum of 3-5 years experience working with ELLs, teachers of ELLs, and school leaders and/or district leaders;
● Know current research and practice, with a Master’s Degree in education, nonprofit management, and/or related field;
● Be a skilled manager, with strong project management, program planning and implementation skills;
● Be a strategic planner with a keen ability to position services to schools to achieve the greatest impact and strategically plan differentiated support services for school/district partners;
● Be committed to collaboration, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships on behalf of the organization; and to work collaboratively with wide variety of staff members;
● Ability to collect, analyze, and report data to drive program development and improvement;
● Ability to communicate in an effective and compelling manner both orally and in writing;
● Experience planning meetings, conferences, and events of varying sizes;
● Contract negotiation experience a plus.
Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits . Vacation, sick and personal days. Pre-tax deductions for retirement, dependent care, and commutation expenses. 401K matching contribution by organization renewable on annual basis.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information on Internationals Network for Public Schools, visit our website at www.internationalsnetwork.org.