First Street Southeast
District of Columbia
Do you care about creating a better world, one in which the poor and marginalized have a voice and are empowered to change the status quo? If so, we have the perfect position for you:
The International Budget Partnership (IBP) is currently seeking a Development Associate to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position will play an important role in supporting a growing Development team.
Why you should be part of our team:
IBP is the global leader working with people and governments to make public budgets transparent and inclusive. We strive to reduce poverty, improve governance, and ensure human rights (or “social justice”). For more than 20 years, and with support from the Open Societies, Ford and Gates Foundations, private individuals, and the UK’s Department for International Development, we work with social movements and grassroots organizations, a wide range of networks, and expert researchers to give civil society a voice and inspire action. With democracies around the world under threat, we are at a pivotal moment and need champions for transparency and accountability. Get to know us better.
What you’ll do:
· Prospect research and relationship mapping that supports the development and management of donor portfolios, including individuals and institutional prospects.
· Provide support to the Executive Director, Director of Development and program directors for donor meetings, including background research and prospect bios.
· Provide general development writing support, including working with the Director of Development and the Communications team to develop and implement a consistent, engaging donor communications stream.
· Help to plan and execute small scale donor events, including development of invitation lists, invitations, management of RSVPs, attendee bios and event logistics
· Ensure that IBP’s CRM database, Salesforce, is up to date and utilized effectively as a moves management tool, supporting the entering and tracking of all action items, donor meeting and call reports, ticklers and deadlines. Ensure that all donations are entered accurately and acknowledged.
· Assist with the production of high quality proposals, reports and other cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship materials as needed.
· Participate in the IBP all-staff retreat, and in all team meetings.
· Coordinate closely with the IBP Operations team for all administrative and logistical needs.
· Comply with all IBP administrative and financial protocols, policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 2 – 3 years related work experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Knowledge and experience using donor databases.
· Previous prospect research experience preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration and teamwork in a diverse work environment
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office package required.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for IBP’s mission
· Highly flexible and adaptable
· Motivated to learn and willing to contribute to learning initiatives
· Duties are generally carried out in a normal business office environment – i.e., working at a computer while sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
· The position supports occasional event or publication preparation which may require lifting or moving of items that weigh up to 30 lbs.
· Position is based in our DC Headquarters.
· We will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
Send a cover application letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Development Associate” in the subject area. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Minimum Education Required