Sitters Without Borders (SWOB) is a quickly growing non-profit organization whose mission is to advance mothers into economic independence by providing free childcare for low-income mothers who are attending college. SWOB operates by providing free weekly 4-hour babysitting sessions through volunteer babysitters. The organization, founded 4 years ago is seeking a Program Manager who can grow with us.
The Program Manager will learn about client management in a non-profit organization, along with developing strategies and protocols for an organization. There is room for growth and opportunity for taking on new, interesting and challenging responsibilities. The coordinator will have a range of duties, all designed to improve and grow the organization.
Time commitment: 20hrs/week, some hours may be flexible. This is a work remotely opportunity but the candidate must live in the greater Boston, MA area. Needs to be available to work a few evenings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage family and Sitter enrollment for weekly volunteer childcare, review applications, conduct interviews and complete background CORI/SORI checks.
- Conduct home visits of families
- Coordinate and conduct Sitter Trainings.
- Match Sitters and Families based on compatibility, oversee and ensure quality services.
- Collect and review Feedback forms to ensure safety and quality. Offer on-going support to matched families/sitters.
- Oversee and execute administrative tasks such as T-shirt orders, presentations, mailing lists as related to program.
- Maintain relationships with partners to continue referral.
- Lead the Operations Committee; brainstorming for developing more efficient internal processes, pitching and implementing new strategies for operations.
- Track Sitter and Family use, providing regular updates of data, including # of families, sitters, sessions and hours.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Highly motivated, goal-driven and possess outstanding problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication required.
- Facility with using a range of tools including Excel, Google, Mailchimp, and others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well with others and build relationships.
- Ability to work independently
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Experience/interest in case management preferred, not required
3 weeks vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required