Senior Associate, Talent
Start Date: July 2018
Location: San Francisco, CA
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that empowers young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions. We do this by training college students to teach a robust skills-based health curriculum in under-resourced high schools across the country. Since our founding in 2003, we have trained more than 8,500 college student volunteers to deliver effective health education to over 115,000 public high school students in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC. In 2016, PHE launched a five-year strategic plan to focus on growing our effective model while partnering with health and education systems, as well as communities to build a more integrated, sustainable model for health education. You will be joining an incredibly passionate, collaborative, and committed team working together towards our vision of advancing health equity.
As the Senior Associate, Talent, you will provide administrative support to the Talent Team and PHE. Additionally, you will assist in general HR responsibilities including payroll processing, employee file maintenance, employee relations, & recruitment and onboarding support. You will report directly to the HR Generalist.
Do you aspire to show up for young people and your community each day? Are you a bold thinker and inclusive collaborator? Does authentic communication and honest feedback help you continuously learn and grow? Do you find the joy in both the journey and the results?
Yes? Here’s what you should know:
This is a full-time, salaried position located in our San Francisco office.
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
60% General HR duties
- Support the HR Generalist in maintaining employee files, benefits, training, I-9, & human resources systems and databases
- Process bi-weekly payroll from start to finish, including earnings adjustments and special deductions, transmit electronic files using ADP
- Lead the on-boarding document collection process
- Coordinate the renewal and posting of legal notices for all office locations
- Partner with Manager, Accounting to reconcile benefit provider and payroll invoices
30% Talent Acquisition
- Assist in the full recruitment life-cycle working closely with the Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Support in reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, conducting reference checks and scheduling interviews as needed
- Support in researching and updating recruitment documents including job descriptions and recruitment policies
10% Special Projects & Overall Team Support
- Lead day-to-day HR operations including coordinating requests from PHE staff, ordering materials & supplies, managing and/or updating Talent materials, etc.
- Analyze & report on Talent and HR data such as: hiring metrics, survey data, exit interview trends, etc.
- Provide support for special events including, but not limited to on-site trainings, staff retreats, etc.
What will you bring to the table?
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to empower young people with the knowledge, skills, and resources to make healthy decisions; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health, Equity, Agency, Communication and Impact
- Has at least 1+ year of human resources experience
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and exercise discretion in personnel matters at all times
- Have excellent attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal details, as well as a high level of integrity.
- Be a dynamic and creative individual who is solutions-oriented
- Be an independent, self-starter who takes the initiative to identify and assist in resolving problems both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility
- Have an ability to tolerate a high degree of ambiguity, and to negotiate with people having sharply defined opinions while maintaining positive, respectful relationships
- Strive to constantly learn, grow, and reflect on their work.
Your turn! We’d like to learn about you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are interested in our team and this role! Only candidates who submit all materials will be considered for the position.
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.
Minimum Education Required