Details: Hourly rate based on qualifications.
Botstiber Institute for Austrian-American Studies (BIAAS)
BIAAS was founded in 2008 by The Dietrich W. Botstiber Foundation to “promote an understanding of the historic relationship between the United States and Austria,” including the lands of the historical Habsburg empire. The Institute accomplishes this goal by awarding grants and fellowships, organizing lectures and conferences, and publishing the Journal of Austrian-American History. BIAAS strives to be a leader in the field of Austrian-American studies through its grants and fellowship programs, events, digital initiatives, and publications. BIAAS works to expand the audience for Austrian-American studies among scholars and the broader public. More information is available at www.botstiber.org.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Assistant will support the development, implementation and evaluation of BIAAS programs and projects, including but not limited to: BIAAS’ annual grantmaking activities, BIAAS events and meetings, and BIAAS’ digital programming. The Program Assistant may also be involved in supporting the production of BIAAS promotional materials, newsletters and the Journal of Austrian-American History.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following list of job duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and is meant to present a general outline of the position. The Program Assistant shall:
Assist in the planning and implementation of BIAAS grant and fellowships programs, including: posting grant and fellowship announcements and guidelines, prepare binders of proposals for BIAAS Board Meetings, assist in the planning and implementation of BIAAS’ annual board meetings, support communication strategies targeting grantees and board members;
Assist in the planning and implementation of annual BIAAS-sponsored academic and public events in Europe and North America, including: liaising with event participants and partners, facilitating event registration, assisting in the development of agenda and promotional materials, and tracking event expenses;
Assist in the planning and implementation of BIAAS digital programs, including: coordinating input from external consultants in relation to content development and dissemination;
Provide administrative and programming support in relation to other BIAAS strategic goals as needed, including: communications, drafting of documents, logistical support, record keeping and file management;
Assist BIAAS staff with project oversight, including financial tracking and monitoring and evaluation;
Possible travel to assist with program implementation;
Other tasks as designated by the Managing Director.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
· Bachelor’s Degree with at least one-year of experience supporting project management/administration;
· Exceptional research, writing, and editing skills;
· Willingness to be flexible and contribute beyond normal tasks and areas of expertise;
· Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision;
· Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
· Qualities of dedication, integrity, teamwork, flexibility, and accountability
· Position requires sitting at a desk, mobility around office, and occasionally moving supplies when necessary
· Experience in grants management;
· Experience in program design;
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation;
· Experience working with Adobe Suite;
· Experience copyediting
This is a flexible part-time position, averaging 15+ hours a week dependent upon work load. Working days are typically two-four days a week between Monday and Thursday. Occasional travel to BIAAS events and meetings may be required.
Two weeks paid time-off per calendar year, which is prorated based on start date. Flexible schedule and hours.
Minimum Education Required